Pimiento Cheese is one of the most beloved foods in the south. It’s our version of pate. Granted, it’s much humbler and less sophisticated than pate, but southerners are ones to like simple, feel-good foods without any airs.
Whether used as a spread on crackers, a filling between two squishy pieces of white bread, or as a burger topping, Southerners can’t get enough of this creamy, cheddar cheese mixture. One way I really like to use pimiento cheese is as an omelet filling. It produces and extra creamy and rich version of a cheese omelet. I’ve just made a real simple version using only some pimiento cheese and green onions, but some country ham would taste fabulous too.
Pimiento Cheese Omelet
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 eggs per omelet
- 1 tablespoon milk per omelet
- salt and pepper
- 2 green onions, green parts only, sliced
- In a medium bowl, combine cheese, pimientos, and mayo. Stir well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. If making more than one omelet, only do one at a time. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly coat a nonstick pan with butter and heat over medium-high heat.
- Pour egg mixture into pan and stir with a rubber spatula for 5 seconds. Begin pushing the cooked portions to center of pan and tilt pan to let uncooked portions run to sides. When no more uncooked portions run to the sides, let omelet cook undisturbed until top begins to set.
- Add 1/4 to 1/3 cup pimiento cheese mixture along one side of the omelet. Sprinkle green onion on top of pimiento cheese. Fold other side over. Turn heat to low and let sit for about 1 minutes to melt cheese.
Want to Save This Recipe?
More recipes using Pimiento Cheese
16 thoughts on “Pimiento Cheese Omelet”
Why couldn’t I have had this for breakfast instead? 🙁 It looks like the greatest omelet ever made!
Your pictures are GORGEOUS. I’m totally making this omelet over the weekend, can’t wait!
What a great looking omelette Christin 🙂 Love the sound of adding pimiento cheese in here! Sounds incredible!
This looks like a fabulous breakfast! Yum! I just finished up my coffee and would like to have this 🙂
Hope you had a delicious breakfast!
The omelette sounds so good with those lovely flavors. Lovely clicks and presentation.
I lovvvvveee pimiento cheese, and I’m not even from the south. And in an omelet?? Yes yes yes.
I’ve never thought of using pimento cheese in an omelet! But now that you mention it…I think it sounds AMAZING. Thank you for sharing it with us!
I went to school in Alabama and the dining hall had AMAZING pimento cheese. Man I miss it!
I bet you do! 🙂
Omelets are something that I really love but don’t make that often. Adding the pimiento cheese sounds delish!
I’ve never had pimiento cheese either! That must change soon, because it looks awesome!
And so does this omelette, I want it for brekkie tomorrow 😉
OK now i want an omelet in a bad way!!!!
Do you that I’ve NEVER had pimiento cheese?! oh the shame. My brother owns a hamburger restaurant in Atlanta and he serves fried pimiento cheese balls…I’ve been dying to try them but haven’t made it down there in a while. This omelet sounds so delicious!