One Pot Meaty Tortellini is a pot full of tender cheese tortellini covered in a tomato sauce filled with ground beef and mini pepperoni. The whole thing is covered in a layer of melted cheese as a finishing touch. This one pot meal is perfect for a weeknight meal.
What’s to love about this one pot tortellini?
There’s hardly any clean-up and it can be made start to finish in about 15 minutes.
There’s no need to boil the tortellini in a separate pot. It cooks right in the sauce which allows it to soak up tons of flavor and leaves you with one less pot to wash. Double win.
The combination of ground beef and pepperoni gives this One Pot Meaty Tortellini so much flavor in every bite. If you can’t find mini pepperoni (which are just so darn cute), you can use regular pepperoni. You could also substitute ground turkey for the beef or use ground sausage.
The sauce is a simple combination of fire-roasted diced tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken broth, onion, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. The amount of red pepper flakes is enough to add just a touch of heat. Double the amount if you want it spicy.
One Pot Meaty Tortellini is winter comfort food at its best. To really make this meal stretch and serve double the people, serve with a green salad and garlic bread. It’s a kid-friendly meal the wole family will enjoy.
More Easy Pasta Dishes
One Pot Meaty Tortellini
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (5-ounce) package mini pepperoni
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (14-ounce) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Italian cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet cook ground beef, pepperoni, and onion until beef is cooked through and onion is soft. Break the ground beef apart as it cooks.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and red pepper flakes. Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Add in tortellini, mixing it in to get it as submerged in liquid as possible. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes or until tortellini is tender. If you don't have a lid that fits, you can cook it uncovered. Just Be sure to stir it frequently to cook the pasta evenly.
- Sprinkle cheese and Parsley on top for the last minute of cooking.