Oatmeal Crumb Apple Bars have a buttery shortbread crust and a sugary glaze. So easy to make with a can of apple pie filling.
Fall Apple Recipe
This is such a great apple recipe to make during the fall months, but it is delicious anytime of year. Whenever you are craving apples and cinnamon. There’s plenty of cinnamon in the topping which combines with brown sugar to wonderfully flavor the apples
These bars have 3 easy and delicious layers.
Buttery Crust– The bottom layer is just a buttery crust. There’s no sugar in it which is fine because it helps tone down the overall sweetness of the bars.
Apple Pie Fillling– A can of apple pie filling serves as the middle layer. So easy!
Oatmeal Crumb Topping– A combination of flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, and butter creates a chewy oat topping for these bars.
To fnish them off, I add a sweet glaze which is just a combo of powdered sugar and milk.
How To Serve Oatmeal Crumb Apple Bars
These bars are great served chilled, at room temperature, or warmed. You can add a little whipped cream on top or serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a decadent dessert.
Made in a 9×13-inch pan, this easy fall apple dessert can be cut into 16 bars to feed a crowd.
Store the bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator and they will stay fresh-tasting for 4 days.
Cut the apples in the apple pie filling up so they are in small bite-sized pieces.
Instead of adding a glaze, you can drizzle the bars with store-bought caramel sauce. Delicious!
More Fall Apple Desserts
- Caramel Apple Bread
- Easy Apple Dumplings
- German Apple Cake
- Caramel-Apple Cheesecake Bars
- Crock Pot Butterscotch Apple Crisp
- Frisky Apple Fritters
Oatmeal Crumb Apple Bars
- 1 cup salted butter, softened and cut into cubes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup plus 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup salted butter, softened and cut into cubes
- 1 (21-ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×13-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Make crust. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat butter and flour until combined well.Press evenly into bottom of the parchment paper-lined baking dish.
- Bake 16 to 20 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes.
- Make topping. Mix together flour, brown sugar, 2/3 cups oats, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add butter and use your fingers to work it in.
- Chop up the apples some in the apple pie filling and spread the filling over the cooled crust.
- Sprinkle the topping over the apples and then sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup oats on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Let cool before adding glaze.
- Drizzle glaze on and cut into squares.
2 thoughts on “Oatmeal Crumb Apple Bars”
Crazy question, but can these be picked up by hand like bar cookies, or do they need to be eaten with a fork? I’m thinking about making them next week for a neighborhood get together, and would like to plan ahead! They look delicious – thanks for your help!
If you cut them into small pieces, I think it should work to eat them by hand.