Caramel-Apple Cheesecake Bars have a buttery crust, a creamy cream cheese filling with fresh apple, and a cinnamon-flavored streusel. To make them even more sweet and decadent, caramel sauce is drizzled on top.
A Delicious Fall Dessert
You just can’t beat the combination of caramel and apples. These bars are such a delicious fall dessert! Add a scoop of ice cream and you’ll think you’ve died and gone to heaven!
These bars have 3 layers- a buttery crust, a cream cheese filling with fresh apples, and a streusel topping flavored with cinnamon and pecans. For extra flavor, I like to drizzle caramel sauce on the bars.
- a 9×13-inch pan
- Aluminum foil or parchment paper to keep the bars from sticking.
- Electric Mixer- either hand-held or stand mixer.
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars Recipe Tips:
I like to use Granny Smith apples. They have a nice tart flavor that keeps the bars from being overly sweet. Braeburn or Honeycrisp apples work well too.
Can be served chilled, at room temperature, or warmed.
Store in the refrigerator. Leftovers will keeep for 3 to 4 days in an airtight conatiner.
More Fall Apple Recipes:
- Apple Cider Doughnuts
- Caramel Apple Pound Cake
- Caramel Apple Bread
- Apple Pie French Toast Casserole
- Apple Spice Whoopie Pies
Apple-Caramel Cheesecake Bars
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large Granny Smith Apples peeled, cored, and diced (to keep them from browning, peel and dice them just before you are ready to use them)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9X13-inch pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides.
- Make crust. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar until smooth and fluffy. Add flour and salt and beat until combined. Press into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl use an electric mixer to beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in eggs and 3/4 cup granulated sugar. Beat in vanilla extract. Spread mixture evenly on top of cooled crust.
- Mix together apples, 1/3 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle apple mixture over cheesecake mixture.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup flour, 3/4 cup brown sugar, oats, salt, cinnamon, and pecans. Stir in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle mixture over apples.
- Bake 50 minutes. Let cool until room temperature and then refrigerate until chilled.
- When serving, drizzle with caramel topping.
Originally posted September 30, 2015.
For the Caramel topping I like to use Smucker’s Salted Caramel
Recipe adapted from Paula Deen.
This is a sponsored post. All opinions are mine and I love the opportunity to share products I use and love.
This post contains affiliate links.