Mayonnaise Roasted Turkey Breast cooks up wonderfully moist and tender every time and it is so easy.
No brine, only an handful of ingredients, including a secret ingredient, are needed to make this delicious holiday turkey.
Don’t worry, there’s no mayonnaise flavor. The mayonnaise just helps create really, really moist turkey meat.
This recipe works for a smaller Thanksgiving meal or for when you just want to have a little turkey for club sandwiches. Some people only cook turkey on Thanksgiving, but I love turkey so I cook turkey breasts throughout the year. Not only does roasted turkey make awesome sandwiches, it makes a great addition to casseroles and soups.
The turkey isn’t brined but it is rubbed with a spice mixture and refrigerated for a few hours. Or you can do this step a day in advance.
Just before roasting, the turkey breast gets slathered with mayonnaise and chopped fresh herbs. For best results roast at 425 degrees for 30 minutes and then turn the heat down to 325 degrees to finish roasting.
Tips for making:
- If your trukey breast was frozen, make sure it is completely thawed.
- Roast until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Let rest for at least 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
Great Sides to go with turkey:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teapsoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (4-6 pound) bone-in turkey breast
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- Combine brown sugar, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Rub turkey breast with sugar mixture. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread mayonnaise over turkey. Srpinkle with chopped fresh herbs.
- Place on prepared pan, skin side up. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees. Baste with pan drippings and bake another 90 to 120 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.