Mashed Potato Green Bean Casserole is a delicious combination of two of my favorite Thanksgiving sides. On the bottom, a creamy layer of mashed potatoes covered by a cheesy green bean casserole. Each one tastes incredible on its own, but even better when combined into one extraordinary side.
Best thing about the recipe?
It’s a total breeze to prepare thanks to Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes®.
Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes are made from real ingredients, fresh never frozen potatoes. You can find them in the refrigerated section of your store or learn more about them here.
No time wasted peeling potatoes. These potatoes are ready to be heated and eaten. So much prep time is saved and they are my go-to secret weapon to easily prepare a meal the whole family will enjoy.
I’ve yet to meet a kid who doesn’t like mashed potatoes and I love how versatile Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes are. They are delicious as is or in your favorite recipes and so much fun to use to create fun, unique recipes like this Mashed Potato Green Bean Casserole.
Since most of the work is done for you, you can quickly and easily transform them into Cheesy Bacon Mashed Potatoes or make a weeknight Shepherd’s Pie in no time at all. The options are endless.
But I think you’re really going to love the way a layer of Green Bean Casserole (with cheddar cheese no less!) tastes on top of these mashed potatoes. I use fresh green beans, but you can use canned, plus a can of cream of mushroom soup, a little milk and soy sauce, and lots of French fried onions.
Trust me when I say if you’re a fan of green beans casserole and you like mashed potatoes (who doesn’t?) you are going to love this Mashed Potato Green Bean Casserole!
Mashed Potato Green Bean Casserole
- 2 (24-ounce) packages Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups cooked green beans
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (6-ounce) can French fried onions, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Transfer Simply Potatoes Mashed to a lightly greased 9x13-inch pan and use a rubber spatula to smooth into an even layer.
- Season potatoes to taste with pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine green beans, soup, milk, soy sauce, cheddar cheese, and half of French fried onions. Stir to mix and pour on top of potatoes.
- Sprinkle remaining onions on top.
- Place in oven an bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
To enter Giveaway leave a comment below letting us know your favorite way to flavor up your mashed potatoes. Must be a US resident to enter.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Simply Potatoes®. The opinions and text are all mine.