Jalapeno Bacon Cheeseburger Soup is a warm, comforting meal with a little kick that’s the perfect way to warm up on cold nights. You have all the flavors of a cheeseburger in a thick and creamy soup: bacon, mustard, pickles, ground beef, plus some jalapenos all combine for a tasty meal.
Two kinds of cheese, Velveeta and cheddar, give this soup all the cheese flavor it needs. This Jalapeno Bacon Cheeseburger Soup also contains onions, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and potatoes for lots of added flavor.
Note: You can use all green pepper or red pepper if you wish.
Beef broth serves as the base for this hearty soup. You could use chicken broth instead if that is what you have on hand. A cup of milk plus the 2 cheeses give it just the right amount of creaminess.
I like to add just a tablespoon of dill pickle juice. It really helps perk up the flavor without the soup tasting pickley. To add more pickle flavor, chop a few dill pickles and sprinkle them on top of the soup.
This Jalapeno Bacon Cheeseburger Soup serves 4-6 people. The leftovers reheat really well. I like to serve it with some crusty bread or toasted hamburger buns. If you want to be really clever, you can make toasted croutons out of hamburger buns and sprinkle them on top of the soup. It would also be great to serve it in a fresh bread bowl.
Jalapeno Bacon Cheeseburger Soup is so packed with flavor, it is sure to become an instant favorite.
More Rich and Creamy Soup Recipes
- Creamy Ham and Tortellini Soup with White Beans
- Reuben Soup
- Mac and Cheese Soup
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 medium yellow or sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, finely chopped
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- dill pickle slices, optional
- Cook bacon until crispy in a Dutch oven. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Pour off grease and save for another use.
- Add ground beef in one piece to same Dutch oven. Turn heat to medium-high and cook until browned on the bottom. Flip it over and break it into chunks. Add onion, red pepper, and green pepper.
- Cook, stirring frequently until ground beef is no longer pink and veggies are softened.
- Add jalapenos and cook 1 more minute. Drain off as much grease as possible. Season mixture lightly with salt.
- Add beef broth, potato and Italian seasoning. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add flour. Stir flour into butter and cook 1 minute. Stir into soup.
- Bring soup to a simmer. Add milk, pickle juice, mustard, Velveeta cheese, and black pepper. Stir and cook on low until Velveeta is melted.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle cheddar cheese and bacon on top.
- Sprinkle pickles on top if desired
Want to Save This Recipe?