Instant Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta is creamy, cheesy, and full of Tex-Mex flavor. No need to precook the pasta. This easy recipe can be on the table in under 30 minutes.
A combination of browned ground beef, onion, taco seasoning, salsa, green chiles, cheese, and pasta shells make this a super flavorful meal. I also add just a little cream cheese to increase the creaminess. It makes this taco pasta dish so rich and good.
What I love about the Instant Pot versus the slow cooker is you can brown your ground beef right in the Instant Pot. No need to dirty up a pan. The clean-up is wonderfully quick and easy.
I use the Instant Pot 6-quart 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker Instant Pot 6-quart 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker which can also be used as a slow cooker, a rice cooker, and to make yogurt. If you’ve never used an Instant Pot before, it can be a little intimidating, but you will quickly get the hang of it.
Tips for making Instant Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta:
- I find 4 minutes of Pressure Cooking is just the right amount of time for al dente pasta. If you want soft pasta, try 5 minutes.
- If you want this dish to be spicy, use spicy taco seasoning or you can use a can of diced jalapenos instead of green chilies.
What to top Taco Pasta with:
- Sour cream
- diced onion
- chopped cilantro
- shredded lettuce
- diced avocado
- pickled jalapenos
- crushed tortilla chips
So many choices!
If you love the combo of tacos and pasta be sure to try this Creamy Taco Spaghetti recipe!
Check out these other easy Instant Pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Creamy Cajun Pasta
- Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Rice
- Instant Pot Cream Cheese Spaghetti
- Instant Pot Cheesy Ground Beef and Rice
- 6-Quart Instant Pot
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta shells
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces
- sour cream, olives, red onion, cilantro for serving
- Lightly spray the Instant Pot with cooking spray and set to "Saute" mode. When hot add the ground beef and onion. Break the meat apart with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- When meat is almost cooked through, add taco seasoning. Stir it in and continue to cook until the meat is cooked. Turn Instant Pot off.
- Add beef broth and scrape the bottom of the pot to make sure nothing is stuck on the bottom.
- Add salsa, green chilies, and pasta shells. Press pasta down in the liquid as much as you can. Place the lid on and set to "Pressure Cook" for 4 minutes.
- Once time is up, open up the valve to release the pressure. Once the pin drops, remove the lid. Add shredded cheese and cream cheese and stir it in. Place lid back on for a minute or two to help melt the cheese.
- Stir well and serve with toppings.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.