Like fish tacos? You are going to love these Grilled Salmon Burritos with Chipotle Cream.
Stuffed full of grilled salmon, rice, corn, beans, avocado, cheese, and chipotle cream wrapped up in a flour tortilla and pan-fried or grilled until crispy. With so many components, there’s a whole bunch of flavor going on here. All of the prep work can be done in advance and then it can be assembled and finished in about 10 minutes.
The easy 2-ingredient chipotle cream is my favorite part of these seafood burritos. Just combine 1/2 cup of sour cream with 3 minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. Reduce the amount of chipotle peppers if you want less heat.
A cup of cooked white rice is mixed with corn and black beans plus some lime juice. You could also add some chopped fresh cilantro. Brown rice can be used instead of white.
Southwest Seasoned Salmon
The salmon is seasoned with cumin and chipotle chili powder and then cooked in a grill pan or on the grill. The chipotle chili powder adds a little more heat and chipotle flavor but regular chili powder can be used instead.
Grilled Salmon Burritos Assembly
The rice mixture, salmon, and chipotle cream get wrapped up in a large flour tortilla with onion, avocado, and cheese.
- Chipotle Corn Salad
- Chipotle Chicken Pasta Salad
- Perfect Mexican Rice
- Jalapeno Popper Grilled Corn Salad
- Fire-Roasted Salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels. you can use fresh, canned or frozen
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 2 medium red onions, sliced
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and chipotle peppers.
- Combine the rice mixture ingredients in a medium bowl. Season with a little salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Season the salmon fillets with cumin, chili powder and salt and pepper. Drizzle them with olive oil.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat or heat a gas grill. Place the salmon fillets skin side up on the grill pan or grill and cook until nicely charred. Flip over and continue to cook until cooked through. Let cool some and then cut into pieces. Remove the skin if desired.
- Drizzle the red onion slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until nicely charred on both sides. Note: If you have room, you can cook the onions at the same time as the salmon.
- Warm the tortillas on the grill or grill pan.
- In the center of each tortilla, pile some rice mixture, onions, salmon, avocado, cheese, and about 2 tablespoons of chipotle cream.Fold in the bottom and the sides and roll up.
- Lightly brush the burritos with oil and heat in the grill pan or grill until crispy. Serve.