Garlic Shrimp in Creamy Parmesan Sauce- this is the most insanely rich and delicious shrimp recipe ever. Packed full of garlic and parmesan flavor with lots of bacon. It’s definitely a recipe that will impress.
How To Serve
Can be eaten as is with a green salad or served over rice, pasta, or mashed potatoes. Also makes a great topping for a baked potato. The cream sauce is a heavy cream-based sauce thickened with cornstarch. It is so rich and delicious.
There’s a little cajun seasoning which adds a touch of spice, but this dish is not spicy. To make it spicy, add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
Garlic Shrimp in Creamy Parmesan Sauce Recipe Tips:
- If you don’t live near the coast, probably the best quality shrimp you can get are raw frozen shrimp. Thaw them by running them under cool water in a colander. They thaw really quickly.
- Shrimp cook very quickly and if you overcook them, they will have a rubbery texture. They are done as soon as they are completely pink/white.
- Don’t throw the bacon grease away. You can add flavor to so many things. Add some when cooking green beans or use it to saute mushrooms, zucchini, or onions. While bacon grease can be stored at room temperature, I prefer to keep it in the fridge where it lasts for months.
- I recommend using freshly shredded Parmesan cheese.
- You can use either Cajun or Creole seasoning. They are virtually the same thing. I like to use Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning. Don’t add too much of it because it is really salty. They do however make a low-sodium version.
- Leftovers will keep for about 3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Try These Other Amazing Shrimp Recipes:
- Buffalo Shrimp
- Creamy Angel Hair Pasta with Bacon and Shrimp
- Baked Honey Cajun Shrimp
- Creamy Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Smothered Shrimp and Parmesan Shrimp
Garlic Shrimp in Creamy Parmesan Sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Ialian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, stir together the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of the chicken broth. Set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet. When crispy, remove the bacon and set aside. Pour all but 1 tablespoon of grease out of the skillet.
- Add butter to the skillet. When melted add garlic and shrimp. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on the shrimp. Cook just until the shrimp turn pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the heavy cream, Italian seasoning, and Cajun seasoning to the skillet. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Turn heat to low. Stir in Parmesan cheese, return shrimp to skillet and crumble the bacon and add it.
- Sprinkle with parlsey and serve.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.