This sweet and salty Firecracker Popcorn is coated in white chocolate and sprinkled with star sprinkles and Pop Rocks to make fireworks in your mouth. It’s a 4th of July treat people won’t be able to stop talking about.
I decided to make this patriotic popcorn after buying a ton of Pop Rocks to make Firecracker Pretzel Rods.
It was just an afterthought, but I think Firecracker Popcorn is my favorite 4th of July treat to date.
It couldn’t be easier to make. Just pop a bag of microwave popcorn. Toss it with melted white chocolate. It’s best to do this with your hands. Have your kids do it if you don’t feel like getting messy! They’ll love it.
Then sprinkle 4th of July sprinkles and red Pop Rocks all over the coated popcorn before the white chocolate sets. You can use blue Pop Rocks too, but I find they look a little more green than blue. Look for Patriotic sprinkles at Michael’s Craft Store, Jo-Ann Fabric and Crafts, or order from Star Sprinkles Amazon.
Hand a bag of this Firecracker Popcorn to all the kids at your 4th of July party and prepare to hear lots of giggles. This popcorn is so much fun to eat!
Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
Firecracker Popcorn is coated in white chocolate and covered with patriotic sprinkles and Pop Rocks. The Pop Rocks make little explosions in your mouth!
- 1 bag microwave popcorn
- 8 ounces white bark coating
- Patriotic sprinkles
- 4 packets red Pop Rocks
- Pop microwave popcorn according to package directions.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Pour popcorn onto baking sheet.
- Melt white almond bark according to package directions. Drizzle evenly over popcorn. Using your hands, coat the popcorn as evenly as possible.
- Sprinkle Pop Rocks and sprinkles over popcorn. Wait for white chocolate to set before serving.
More 4th of July Recipes
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.