This Easy Oreo Cheesecake is a rich, dense, and creamy cheesecake with lots of crushed oreo cookies pieces. It’s a Cookies & Cream delight! You really can’t go wrong with oreos in a cheesecake.
This recipe is easy to make even for a novice cheesecake baker. It bakes up so beautifully, people will be convinced it came from a bakery. The batter is a simple cream cheese, egg, flour, and sugar batter with sour cream added for depth of flavor.
Tips for Making Oreo Cheesecake:
- For a little Christmas flavor, try using mint oreos.
- If you don’t have a food processor, place the oreos in a large ziptop bag and crush them with a heavy rolling pin or a mallet until only fine crumbs remain.
- Do NOT remove the cream center from the oreo cookies.
- Be sure the cream cheese is very soft or even at room temperature. It will be very hard to get it smooth if it is still cold. Likewise, you want your eggs at room temperature.
- Be sure not to overbake your cheesecake. It should still jiggle a little in the middle when you remove it from the oven.
- Mix the eggs in at low speed and do not overmix. Eggs can hold air which can lead to a crack in your cheesecake.
- For best flavor, bake this cheesecake a day in advance.
- Will keep in the refrigerator for 1 week.
More Cheesecake Recipes:
- Nutella Cheesecake
- Pecan Praline Cheesecake
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 20 oreo cookies cut in quarters
- whipped cream and additional oreo cookies for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a food processor to turn the 24 cookies into crumbs. Place them in a medium bowl, add the melted butter, and stir to mix. Press into bottom and 1-inch up sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 5 minutes and let cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Mix in sour cream, flour, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Mix in eggs one at a time, beating just until mixed in.
- Stir in the oreo quarters. Pour batter into springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet in case any batter leaks through.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes. There should be just a little jiggle in the middle when you shake the pan. Let cool on counter 20 minutes. Run knife around edge and release sides of pan and remove. Let cheesecake continue to cool for about 1 hour, then refrigerate overnight.