Crock Pot Chicken Marsala has tender chicken breasts covered in a mushroom sauce flavored with Marsala wine. With the crock pot, you can have restaurant quality chicken marsala with hardly any effort. This classic dish really lends itself well to being made in a slow cooker.
There’s hardly any prep time needed for this slow cooker dinner. Boneless chicken breasts along with garlic, thyme, and mushrooms and marsala wine get placed in the crock pot and cooked on low for 5 hours.
The chicken totally soaks up the wonderful sweet flavor of the Marsala wine after spending 5 hours in the crock pot and it is so tender and good. For best results, use a good quality Marsala wine.
After 5 hours, take the chicken out of the crock pot and whisk in a cornstarch slurry along with a little cream and some chicken base to add more flavor to the sauce. Return the chicken and cook on high for 30 minutes. The sauce will thicken up nicely.
Serve over linguine or mashed potatoes for an elegant meal. So easy and good!
More Crock Pot Favorites
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place in a greased 5 to 6 quart crock pot.
- Add garlic, mushrooms, and thyme to crock pot.
- Pour wine over chicken.
- Cover crock pot and cook on LOW for 5 hours.
- Open crock pot and remove chicken.
- Stir the cornstarch with 1/3 cup cold water. Add to crock pot along with heavy cream and chicken base and mix well.
- Return chicken to crock pot. Cover and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Looking for Crock Pot Chicken recipes? Try this Slow Cooker Creamy Tuscan Chicken. Watch the video below to see how to make it.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.