Creamy Spinach Tortellini is a vegetarian meal that can be made in just 20 minutes. So rich and creamy. Great for an easy weeknight meal.
Spicy Southern Kitchen participates in affiliate advertising programs. We may earn a commission whenyou make a purchase through links on our site.
Flavored with garlic, onion, parmesan cheese, and basil this pasta dish is simple but full of flavor.
What To Serve With Creamy Spinach Tortellini
How To Make Spicy
Add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes to add some heat.
- A teaspoon of garlic powder can be used instead of fresh garlic.
- Add sauteed mushrooms, sliced sun-dried tomatoes or kalamata olives for extra flavor.
- For even more extra flavor, sprinkle a little feta cheese on top before serving.
For best flavor, use refrigerated tortellini instead of frozen and be careful not to overcook them.
Be sure to squeeze all the water out of the spinach. To thaw the spinach, I like to place it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Pasta Pot– I love this Pasta Pot. It comes with a straining lid which makes it super easy to drain the pasta.
- Large Skillet
Leftovers will keep for 4 to 5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
More Easy Pasta Recipes
- Greek Pasta with Chicken– a creamy pasta dish loaded with feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, garlic and olives.
- Tuscan Chicken Pasta– full of garlic, tomatoes, spinach, bacon, and Parmesan cheese.
- Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta– Sauteed fresh shrimp are coated in a sauce made from mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, and Sriracha and tossed with angel hair pasta.
- Spicy Tomato Cream Pasta– add a few ingredients to your favorite spaghetti sauce to turn it into creamy, spicy heaven.
- Creamy Tortellini with Shrimp– a creamy, cajun-style pasta dish with lots of cheese flavor and some spice.
- 1 pound refrigerated or frozen tortellini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed in paper towels to get rid of the water
- 1 cup seeded diced tomato, or petite canned diced tomato, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 2 tablespoons fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Save about 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid and drain.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and spinach and cook 3 minutes.
- Add basil, salt, pepper and cream. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and remove from heat.Add tortellini and toss to coat.If sauce is too thick, add reserved cooking liquid.