Creamy Pasta Salad with Peas and Bacon makes a great summer side for a cookout. With just the right amount of creaminess to coat the pasta and a little cheddar cheese, it is sure to be a family favorite.
CREAMY PASTA SALAD DRESSING:
It’s the dressing that makes or breaks a pasta salad. This one is a blend of mayonnaise and sour cream for maximum creaminess and flavor. There’s also a little apple cider vinegar for just a little tang, plus just a little sugar for a touch of sweetness. Finally, there’s just a little Worcestershire sauce for saltiness and flavor.
TIPS FOR MAKING PASTA SALAD:
Just cook the pasta to al dente. If you cook it longer, it is likely to get mushy when it soaks up some of the dressing.
Don’t forget to season the water with salt when you cook the pasta.
Give Creamy Pasta Salad with Peas and Bacon at least 30 minutes to chill before serving so that the flavors have time to blend. If you make it more than 4 hours in advance, you may need to add a little more mayo and sour cream to get it creamy again.
Try These Other Amazing Pasta Salad Recipes:
- Texas Caviar Pasta Salad– a creamy, tangy pasta salad with beans, bell pepper, tomatoes, corn, jalapeno, and cilantro.
- Shrimp and Dill Pasta Salad– with shrimp, peas, red pepper, and celery tossed in a mayonnaise-based dressing flavored with dill.
- BLT Pasta Salad– full of crispy bacon pieces, tomatoes, and chopped Romaine lettuce.
- Jalapeno Popper Pasta Salad– has all that awesome flavor of a Jalapeno Popper!
- BBQ Ranch Pasta Salad– full of smoky flavor.
- 12 ounces medium shell pasta
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas, cooked according to directions on box
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta to al dente in a large pot of salted boiling water. Rinse with cold water and drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the pasta and remaining ingredients. Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.Note: If you want bacon to stay crispy, toss it in just before serving.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.