Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake has a crust made out of refrigerated cinnamon rolls, a super creamy cheesecake filling flavored with a brown sugar/cinnamon mixture, and on top is a layer of cream cheese glaze, and a brown sugar and cinnamon drizzle. That’s a lot isn’t it?
It’s totally delicious and one of the more interesting cheesecakes I’ve tasted.
Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake Recipe
I saw a Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake Recipe in a recent Woman’s World Magazine, and after making it, I decided to change it up a bit. I added a brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon mixture to the cheesecake filling. I did this by pouring half the filling in, scattering the brown sugar mixture on top and then covering it with the remaining filling. It gave just the right amount of cinnamon flavor to the filling.
I also had to cut back on the filling. The first time I made it, it totally overflowed my Springform Pan.
The second time I reduced the filling amount slightly and it rose to the tippy top of the pan. It was a little higher around the edges so once I let it cool, I took a serrated knife and evened off the top. Since the top gets covered in glaze, no one was the wiser!
There are quite a few steps to this cheesecake. You have to arrange the cinnamon rolls for the crust, make the cheesecake filling, the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture, the cream cheese glaze, and the cinnamon sugar drizzle. But the effort and time is so worth it. If you’re looking for a dessert that is going to be a conversation starter, this is it.
Plus it serves quite a few people and will last several days in your refrigerator.
Note: The cinnamon rolls tend to dry out with time so it won’t keep as long as a normal cheesecake would.
You want to push down some on the cinnamon rolls and flatten them some so you can cover the bottom of the pan without using too many rolls. They expand quite a bit and may cause your cheesecake to overflow if you pack too many in there. You could lay them flat but I like the texture that cutting them in half and standing them upright gives the cheesecake.
Don’t forget to drizzle the glaze that comes with the refrigerated cinnamon rolls on top of the rolls before adding the filling. I did that the first time and the crust really needed some sweetness.
Never miss a recipe. Follow Spicy Southern Kitchen on Pinterest and Instagram.
More Amazing Cinnamon Roll Recipes To Try:
- Bisquick Cinnamon Rolls
- Apple Cinnamon Roll Bake
- Cinnamon Roll Pigs in a Blanket
- Easy Cinnamon Roll Bites
Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake
- 2 (12.4-ounce) Refrigerated Cinnamon rolls, I use Pillsbury
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Brown Sugar Mixture
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, light or dark
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
Cream Cheese Topping
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
Cinnamon Sugar Drizzle
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven and one in the lower third. Fill a large roasting pan halfway with water and place on lower rack. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Cut each cinnamon roll in half and place them so the cut side (middle of the cinnamon roll) is facing down. They will rise quite a bit so press down on them some and don't put them too close together. Once they are all placed press down on them more to close most of the gaps. It's ok if there are some gaps left. You may not need to use all the cinnamon rolls. Spread icing that comes with cinnamon rolls on top of them.
- Make Filling. Beat cream cheese and sugar on medium-high until smooth and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, scraping down sides of bowl a few times.
- Add sour cream, flour, and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Make Brown Sugar Mixture. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon. Mix with a fork to combine well.
- Pour half of cheesecake filling over cinnamon rolls. Scatter brown sugar mixture on top of filling and then pour remaining filling on top. Keep in mind that cinnamon rolls will rise some. You don't want the filling to come all the way to the top, so you may not need to use all of it depending on your pan, the size of your cinnamon rolls, and how many cinnamon rolls you used.
- Place on a baking sheet and place in oven on center rack. Bake for 1 hour. Turn oven off. Leave cheesecake in oven with door cracked slightly for 1 hour. Remove cheesecake from oven and let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate over night.
- Make Cream Cheese Topping. Beat cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar and milk. Spread on top of chilled cheesecake.
- Make Cinnamon-Sugar Drizzle. In a small microwave bowl, combine dark brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon. Microwave at 10 second intervals until melted and smooth. Let cool slightly and pour into a plastic sandwich bag, Snip the corner and drizzle on cheesecake in desired pattern.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally published Nov 29, 2015.
More Cheesecake Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
11 thoughts on “Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake”
Wow, what an incredible cheesecake! Love the cinnamon roll crust!
You’ve outdone yourself with this one. Love this.
Ohh la la. I can’t wait to grab a forkful of this creaminess!
This cheesecake looks incredible, Christin! Using refrigerated cinnamon rolls as the crust is absolutely genius! I love that idea and can just imagine how amazing this tastes. Totally worth any extra steps 🙂
This is pretty much the BEST Cheesecake I’ve ever seen. SO totally the best of both worlds!
Oh wow Christin this cheesecake is just so so pretty! And it sounds fantastic!!
Did you just say cinnamon roll CHEESECAKE?! Good golly. This looks incredible Christin! Pinned!
I don’t make desserts like this too often, but for a Christmas treat this sounds perfect!
I love that you made the crust out of cinnamon rolls!! What a unique (and easy!) idea. This looks soooo yummy. 😀
It’s such a great idea! Such a great cheesecake! I would love a big slice! 🙂
This cheesecake is absolutely gorgeous, Christin! I love the pretty layers and flavor. I’ve never had a cheesecake quite like this before. What a perfect dessert!
That crust looks delicious! And I love your other cheesecakes- the pecan pie and amaretto look to die for 🙂