These heavenly Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars are a blend of two of my favorite desserts- chocolate chip cookies and cheesecake. They have a bottom and a top layer of chocolate chip cookie dough with a creamy layer of cheesecake filling sandwiched in between.
This is a recipe from Tricia Yearwood who always seems to have winning recipes the whole family will enjoy.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars are perfect for your next bake sale or pot luck. The cookie dough bakes up soft and chewy and it has plenty of chocolate chips. You do need to dirty two mixing bowls for this recipe, but it’s a super easy recipe.
First you make an easy chocolate chip cookie dough batter. Half of it gets pressed in the bottom of a 9×13-inch pan.
Then you mix together the cheesecake layer which is a mixture of cream cheese, sour cream, a little sugar, an egg, vanilla extract, and a little cornstarch to thicken it some.
The cheesecake mixture gets spread on top of the bottom cookie layer. Then for the top layer, you drop pieces of the remaining cookie dough all over the top. No need to worry about covering all of the cheesecake layer. The cookie dough will spread out in the oven and form a nice continuous layer on top.
Serve these bars with a glass of warm milk and there will be smiles all around.
Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
- 10 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Make cookie dough. Using an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, beat butter and both sugars until creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl and add to butter mixture. Mix on low just until flour is incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Press half of cookie dough in a 9X13-inch pan. Refrigerate remaining half while you make cheesecake filling.
- Using a clean mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar with paddle attachment until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining cheesecake ingredients and mix until combined. Spread evenly over bottom layer of cookie dough.
- Remove remaining cookie dough from refrigerator and scatter it in pieces across the top. No need to completely cover the cheesecake layer. The cookie dough will spread out as it bakes.
- Bake until golden brown on top and set, about 45 minutes.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before cutting. Store in refrigerator.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe slightly adapted from Trisha Yearwood