Chocolate Caramel Pie- this creamy pie is full of caramel, chocolate, and pecans all in an oreo crust. Simply delicious.
Easy Dessert Recipe
This easy dessert recipe makes use of a few store-bought convenience items to cut down on prep time. An oreo crust and box of instant pudding mix make this pie a cinch to throw together. Once prepped it needs about an hour to chill before serving.
Two Delicious Layers
The bottom layer of the pie is caramel and pecans topped with a creamy chocolate pudding layer with cream cheese and sour cream added to cut the sweetness a little. Drizzle the pie with fudge sauce and chopped pecans and you have a showstopper dessert.
- Caramels– I use Kraft caramels.
- Evaporated Milk– comes in a can. (NOT sweetened condensed milk.)
- Pecans– walnuts can be used instead.
- Oreo Pie Crust– a store-bought crust greatly cuts down on prep time, but you can make a homemade crust if you want.
- Cream Cheese– be sure to soften it.
- Sour Cream
- Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- Hot Fudge Ice Cream Topping
How To Make Chocolate Caramel Pie
- Melt the caramels with the evaporated milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Stir in a half cup of pecans and then pour the mixture into the oreo crust.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes to firm it up some before you add the second layer.
- Beat cream cheese and sour cream in a large bowl. In a second bowl, whisk pudding mix with milk.
- Add pudding mixture to cream cheese mixture and beat until combined.
- Spread over caramel layer.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- To serve, drizzle with hot fudge sauce and sprinkle with pecans.
More Awesome Pie Recipes
- Kentucky Chocolate Walnut Pie
- Caramel Chess Pie
- Mississippi Mud Pie
- Sugar Cream Pie
- Peanut Butter Crunch Pie
- No-Bake Nutella Pie
- 25 Caramels, I use Kraft caramels
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 oreo pie crust
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (3.9-ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 1/4 cups cold milk
- Hot Fude Ice Cream topping
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped pecans
- In a small saucepan, combine the caramels and evaporated milk. Place over medium-low heat and cook and stir until caramels are fully melted.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of pecans and then pour mixture into the oreo crust. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the pudding mixture and milk for about 2 minutes.Add pudding mixture to the cream cheese mixture and beat until completely mixed.
- Spread mixture over the caramel mixture. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, heat the hot fudge topping and drizzle desired amount over pie. Sprinkle with toasted pecans.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe Source: Taste of Home