Brownie Pie tastes like a rich, fudgy brownie in a crispy, flaky pie crust. Brownies are hands down my favorite sweet treat. And I absolutely love pie. So this recipe combines 2 of my favorites into one easy to make dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth AND your chocolate cravings.
The filling is just a basic brownie batter with a few chocolate chips thrown in. This recipe works because brownies and pies cook in about the same amount of time. By the time the brownie batter sets, the pie crust should be nice and golden.
I made this Brownie Pie without nuts, but you could definitely add pecans or walnuts for a little crunch.
Brownie Pie is best served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Or Butter Pecan. That’s what I used. 🙂
The pie slices better when it’s at room temperature so I recommend letting it cool completely (if you can find the patience), slicing it, and then reheating it.
You can use either a store-bought refrigerated pie crust or make a homemade one. Watch the video before to learn how to make a super easy and flaky pie crust.
Never miss a recipe. Follow Spicy Southern Kitchen on Pinterest.
Watch the short video below to see how easy this Brownie Pie is!
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust, homemade or store-bought refrigerated
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Whisk in sugar and remove from heat. Let cool a few minutes.
- Whisk in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla extract.
- Stir in cocoa powder and then flour.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into pie crust and Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
More Pie Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.