Chicken Bacon & Ranch Mac and Cheese is loaded with diced chicken, crumbled bacon, ranch seasoning, and 3 types of cheese. Supremely cheesy and creamy!
This mac and cheese is best served as a main dish. It’s a comfort food meal that’s wonderfully filling.
A combination of whole milk and half-and-half makes this mac and cheese ultra creamy. A packet of Ranch seasoning perfectly seasons it, giving it a distinct ranch flavor, without being overwhelming. If you are as big a fan of anything ranch as I am, you are going to love this recipe.
Chicken Bacon & Ranch Mac and Cheese Recipe Tips:
- If you want to make this dish spicy, add 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- I use elbow pasta, but pretty much any pasta shape can be used. Rotini, shells, penne, and cavatappi also work well.
- This mac and cheese is best eaten the day it is made but leftovers will keep for 4 days refrigerated.
- Cook the pasta just until al dente. It will cook more in the oven and absorb some of the sauce. You don’t want it to get soggy.
- I use 3 cups of diced, cooked chicken and rotisserie chicken works great or it is a good way to use up leftover chicken. You can definitely make this recipe with less than 3 cups of chicken without sacrificing any flavor.
Try These Other Amazing Mac and Cheese Recipes:
- Philly Cheesesteak Mac and Cheese
- Jalapeno Popper Mac and Cheese
- Bourbon and Bacon Mac and Cheese
- Bufflalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Super Creamy Mac and Cheese
- Crab Mac and Cheese
- King Ranch Mac and Cheese
Chicken Bacon & Ranch Mac and Cheese
- 16 ounces elbow pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teapsoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teapsoon pepper
- 1 (1-ounce) packet ranch seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Cook pasta according to package directions in salted water. Drain.Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- While pasta cooks, melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a large saucepan.Add flour and cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in half-and-half and milk. Bring to a boil and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add garlic powder, pepper, and ranch seasoning.
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese, mozzarella and 1 cup of cheddar cheese until melted.
- Add the cooked pasta, chicken and half the bacon and stir to combine.Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle remaining bacon the green onions and the remaining cheddar cheese on top. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.