Chicken and Waffle Sliders- the classic southern breakfast dish gets turned into a fun, bite-sized brunch dish that’s super easy to make. The combination of sweet and savory is irresistible!
Chicken and Waffles is the ultimate combination of sweet and savory. You have the savory, salty fried chicken combined with crispy waffles and sweet, sticky maple syrup. It is one of my favorite foods.
Fun Twist On Traditional Favorite
In some ways I like these Chicken and Waffle Sliders even better than traditional Chicken and Waffles. The mini waffles form a crunchy, crispy bun for the fried chicken. Plus food always tastes better when you can eat it with your fingers.
How To Make Spicy
If you want to add a spicy kick to these brunch sliders, add 1/2 a teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the flour mixture.
To make this recipe quick and easy, mini frozen EGGO waffles are used. Just toast them up and they are ready to go.
If you want to really simplify this recipe, use frozen chicken nuggets. But the fried chicken for these Chicken and Waffle Sliders is super easy to make. Panko crumbs give the chicken a super crisp coating and since the chicken is cut in bite-sized pieces, it fries up super quick.
You’re going to love this twist on a southern favorite. You will want to eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. For another take on this southern favorite, try this Chicken and Waffles with TABSACO Maple Syrup.
More Favorite Southern Breakfasts
- 3-Ingredient Buttermilk Biscuits
- Southern Breakfast Enchiladas with Sausage Gravy
- Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole
- Cheesy Creole Breakfast Skillet
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups Panko crumbs
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Vegetable oil
- 16 frozen mini waffles, toasted
- maple syrup
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, whisk together egg and buttermilk. Place Panko crumbs into a third shallow bowl.
- Pound the thick end of the chicken breasts so that it is even thickness. Cut chicken into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture, dip in egg mixture and coat with Panko crumbs.
- Pour about 1 inch of oil into a deep-sided skillet. Heat to 360 degrees or until oil sizzles when you drop a pinch of flour in.
- Fry about 5 pieces of chicken at a time for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Place on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Sandwich the chicken pieces between two waffles, securing with toothpicks and drizzle with maple syrup.