Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole- a ground beef filling flavored with ketchup, mustard, and dill pickles is tossed with crispy tater tots, bacon and cheese. This family favorite is pure comfort food.
- Rimmed Baking Sheet– to bake the tater tots on.
- Large Cast Iron Pan- A cast iron pan is a great piece of kitchen equipment to have. You can cook just about anything with one and with proper care they last for decades.
How To Make Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole
- Bake the Tater Tots until crispy.
- Cook the bacon, crumble it and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook the ground beef with Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Stir in the ketchup, mustard, and pickles along with half the cheese and half the tater tots.
- Arrange the remaining tater tots and cheese on top and sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
- Broil until cheese is melted. Serve with more pickle chips and sliced green onions.
I also like to serve it with additonal ketchup. Lots of ketchup. 🙂
Make it Spicy
To make this dish spicy, add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes or add some pickled sliced jalapenos.
Type Of Cheese
You cn use pretty much any type of cheese for this recipe. Cheddar cheese works well as does American cheese. Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend also works well.
More Tater Tot Recipes
- Jalapeno Bacon Tater Tots with Ranch Dipping Sauce
- Sausage and Cheese Tater Tot Cups
- Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole
- Cheesy Hot Dog Tater Tot Casserole
- Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole
- Tater Tot Eggs Benedict
- Loaded Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- 1 (32-ounce) bag frozen tater tots
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickles chips
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or American cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- pickle slices
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spread tater tots out on a greased rimmed baking sheet.Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and crisp. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large cast iron pan until crispy. Remove and set aside. Leave 1 tablespoon of bacon grease in the pan and add the onion. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until the ground beef has no pink left, crumbling it as it cooks.
- Stir in ketchup, mustard, and chopped dill pickle chips.
- Add half the cheese and half the tater tots to the pan and stir them in.
- Place the remaining tater tots in a layer on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.Crumble the bacon and sprinkle on top.
- Broil until cheese is melted, about 2 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with green onion and serve with additional dill pickle chips.I also like to serve with additional ketchup.