Breakfast Stromboli- sausage, eggs, and cheese are rolled up in pizza dough and baked until golden and crusty. Easy to make and so tasty!
The outside of this stomboli gets wonderfully crusty and chewy. It’s like an Italian-style breakfast sandwich and it is a meal all in one. If you want to serve it with something, I think fresh fruit is best.
Makes an awesome breakfast or brunch but also works great when you’re in the mood for breakfast for dinner.
Breakfast Stromboli Recipe Tips:
- I like to use fresh pizza dough that I get in the deli section of my local Publix. If it is not available at your store, you can use Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust.
- For best results, let the pizza dough sit out for an hour before you roll it out. Otherwise it will shrimk back as you try to roll it out.
- You want the eggs to be slightly undercooked since they will cook more in the oven.
- Make sure you seal the seams well so that the filling does not oooze out.
- Let the stromboli rest for a few minutes before you slice it.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days. You can reheat slices in a toaster oven.
- If you want to make it spicy, use hot breakfast sausage or add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
Try These Other Tasty Breakfast Recipes:
- Everything Bagel Breakfast Casserole
- Cinnamon Roll Pigs in a Blanket
- Southern Breakfast Enchiladas with Sausage Gravy
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 8 ounces ground breakfast sausage
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I like Mexican cheese blend. Half cheddar and half mozzarella works well too.)
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Remove the pizza dough from the refrigerator and let come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Brown the sausage in a nonstick skillet, crumbling it as it cooks. Place on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk. Add salt and pepper.Melt the butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add eggs and soft scramble them. You want them to be undercooked beacuse they will cook more in the oven. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Roll pizza dough into approximately a 10x16-inch rectangle.
- Place the eggs and sausage on the pizza dough, leaving a border around the edges.Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Starting at the widest edge, roll dough up. Pinch ends to seal them and tuck them under.Place on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with egg wash.
- Sprinkle the top with garlic salt and Parmesan cheese.Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then cut into slices.