These Blueberry Bars, made with fresh blueberries, are the perfect summer treat. Made in a 9×13-inch pan, they’re great for sharing at a summer picnic, potluck, or BBQ.
Blueberries are one of my favorite things to bake with. I could eat Blueberry Cobbler or Blueberry Delight all day long and I love to add them to cornbread. Blueberries are one of my favorite fruits to snack on too so I buy them frequently.
These bars are made from a simple, buttery crust flavored with cinnamon and just a hint of nutmeg. There’s also a cup of old-fashioned oats mixed in which really gives the bars a chewy texture. The dough is used for the crust on the bottom and to sprinkle on top.
I love the dark purple color the blueberries turn after they are baked. Just gorgeous!
One bite of these buttery sweet homemade Blueberry Bars and you’ll be ready for another!
Never miss a recipe. Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a 13x9-inch baking pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add egg and scatter butter across the top. Cut butter in with a pastry blender until crumbly.
- Press half of flour mixture into prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar and cornstarch. Stir in blueberries and lemon juice.
- Spoon blueberry mixture over prepared crust.
- Crumble remaining flour mixture on top of blueberries.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
Want to Save This Recipe?
More Blueberry Favorites
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.