Bacon Stuffed Cheesy Garlic Rolls are made from fresh pizza dough, tons of bacon and garlic and two kinds of cheese. It’s a flavor explosion in your mouth and makes a great appetizer or game day treat.
These rolls are also great to serve with an Italian meal. And they truly couldn’t be easier to make.
How To Make Bacon Stuffed Cheesy Garlic Rolls
Fresh pizza dough gets rolled out into a rectangle and is then slathered with butter and sprinkled with chopped bacon, fresh parsley and garlic. Two kinds of cheese, mozzarella and sharp white cheddar then get sprinkled on and the dough is rolled up like cinnamon rolls.
Cut the dough into slices and place them cut side down in a greased cast iron pan. Bake them for 18 to 20 minutes, sprinkle a little more bacon and cheese on top, and bake for another 3 minutes or so. Then get ready for a real treat. There is so much salty bacon flavor in every bite. Bacon, cheese, and garlic is such an awesome flavor combination.
Tips For Making
- I like to use fresh pizza dough which I get at the deli at Publix, but you could use refrigerated Pillsbury pizza dough or frozen dough that you have defrosted in the refrigerator overnight.
- If you are having trouble rolling the pizza dough out, let it rest for about 5 minutes and try again. It can be hard to roll out, especially if you have just removed it from the refrigerator.
Ways To Customize
- The flavors of this recipe can so easily be changed up. Use pepperoni slices or cooked and crumbled sausage instead of the bacon.
- The cheese can easily be changed up as well. Use a combination of Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese or Pepper Jack cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- For a spicy version, try adding 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
Try These Other Recipes Made With Pizza Dough
- Stuffed Crust Pizza Snacks
- Chicken Pesto Pizza Rolls
- Pull-Apart Supreme Pizza Pinwheels
- Slow Cooker Deep Dish Pizza
- 1 pound fresh pizza dough
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Roll the dough out on a piece of parchment paper that's lightly coated with flour. Roll it into approximately a 16×10-inch rectangle.
- Spread butter all over the dough. Set aside about 1/4 cup of bacon and sprinkle the rest across the pizza dough.
- Set aside about 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella cheese as well as the cheddar cheese on the dough.
- Sprinkle the parsley and garlic over the dough.
- Starting at one long in, roll the dough up. Pinch the seam to seal and place it so that the seam is on the bottom.
- Slice into 10 slices.
- Place the slices cut side down in a greased, large cast iron pan. Or you can place them in a 9×13-inch pan.
- Cover with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Uncover rolls and bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the set aside bacon and cheese on top and bake another 3 to 5 minutes to melt the cheese. Serve warm.