Stuffed Crust Pizza Snacks with a gooey melted mozzarella and pepperoni center make an easy gameday snack. Serve with a side of pizza sauce for a fun, easy to make appetizer.
So simple to make, your kids can do it. You’ll start with a tube of refrigerated pizza dough. Unroll it and stretch it out some. Cut it into 18 squares. On each square, you’ll pile a cube of mozzarella cheese, a few pepperoni slices and a small spoonful of pizza sauce.
Pull the sides of the pizza dough up and around the filling. Pinch them together to seal them and shape into a ball. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet.
For extra flavor, the tops get brushed with a mixture of olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and Parmesan cheese.
They only need 18 to 22 minutes in the oven to get golden brown and for the cheese to melt inside. Serve with pizza sauce to dip them in. They’re kind of like garlic knots, but with a hidden surprise inside.
Tip: Be sure to pinch together and seal the edges of the dough as much as possible so that the cheese does not ooze out while it is baking.
More Gameday Snacks You’ll Love:
Stuffed Crust Pizza Snacks
- 1 can Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese , cut into 18 pieces
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce, plus extra for serving
- 54 pepperoni slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Unroll dough and stretch it to form an evenly shaped rectangle. Cut into 18 squares.
- Place a cheese cube in the middle of each piece of dough. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of sauce on top of each piece of cheese.
- Top each pizza sauce covered cheese piece with 3 slices pepperoni.
- Wrap dough around the filling, pinching to seal the seams. Place seam side down on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and Parmesan. Brush over the top of the pizza dough.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes. Serve with extra sauce.