Chicken Pesto Pizza Rolls make a wonderfully flavored game day snack or appetizer. Refrigerated pizza crust is used to make these pizza rolls quick and easy to prepare. Serve with a side of marinara sauce to dip them in.
These Chicken Pesto Pizza Rolls are full of onions, peppers, chunks of chicken, pesto sauce, and mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. To make them, saute some onion and peppers in a little olive oil to soften them. Unroll the pizza dough and spread the pesto sauce across it.
Then sprinkle on the remaining ingredients and roll the dough up as tightly as you can. Cut into 12 pieces and place cut side down in a cast iron pan or on a baking sheet.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes to get the pizza rolls golden and crispy.
This is such a simple recipe, it’s perfect for kids to help with. They will love spreading all the ingredients on the pizza dough and rolling it up.
Serve Chicken Pesto Pizza Rolls right out of the oven while the cheese is still good and melty and flavor with a side of marinara sauce. They are a delicious change up from pizza delivery and can be made in a snap.
More Game Day Recipes
- 1 package Pillsbury Classic Crust Pizza Dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 (7-ounce) container refrigerated pesto
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- marinara sauce, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat oil in a a medium pan and cook the onion and bell pepper until crisp tender. Set aside.
- Unroll pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll dough out to flatten it some.
- Spread dough with pesto.
- Sprinkle with onions, peppers, chicken, and both cheeses.
- Starting at a long side, tightly roll the dough up jelly-roll style.
- Slice into 12 slices. Place cut side down in a lightly greased 12-inch cast iron pan. Alternately, you can put them on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden. Serve with marinara sauce
Want to Save This Recipe?