Bacon Pigs in a Blanket- this easy 3-ingredient recipe is perfect for gameday. Everything tastes better with bacon!
Spicy Southern Kitchen participates in affiliate advertising programs. We may earn a commission when you make a purchase through links on our site.
Only 3 ingredients and about 20 minutes to make this tasty appetizer. Great for gameday, a holiday party or potluck. Also make a kid-friendly snack!
- 1 tube Crescent Sheets Dough– you can use the regular crescent roll dough and press on the perforations to seal them, but the crescent sheet is much easier to use.
- Cocktail Wieners– you can use all beef or pork.
- Pre-Cooked Bacon– I use Oscar Mayer Fully Cooked Bacon. You can cook your own bacon, but you must let it cool some and you still need it to be pliable so it will wrap around the smokies. The packaged fully cooked bacon is easiest to use.
Serve With BBQ Ranch Sauce
These Pigs in a Blanket tastes great on their own, but even better dipped in an easy BBQ Ranch Dipping Sauce.
These yummy bacon treats can be made and refrigerated until ready to bake. Cover them well with plastic wrap so that the crescent dough does not dry out.
Best eaten right away but can be refrigerated in an airtight container and reheated in a toaster oven.
Bacon Pigs in a Blanket Recipe Tips
A pizza cutter is really handy for cutting the dough quickly and easily, but you can use a knife.
If you are taking these to a potluck, an insulated carrier like this one is really useful for keeping them warm until you get there.
More Gameday Recipes
- Sausage Cream Cheese Pinwheels
- Sausage Crescent Balls
- Alabama Fire Crackers
- BBQ Steak Nachos
- Barbecue Bacon Meatballs
Pigs in a Blanket
- 1 (8-ounce) can refrigerated seamless crescent roll dough
- 12 slices precooked bacon, cut in half crosswise
- 24 cocktail wieners
- In a small bowl, stir together all BBQ Ranch ingredients. Refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll crescent dough on a lightly floured surface.Cut in half horizontally so you have two long rectangles.Cut each rectangle into 12 short strips.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each cocktail wiener. Wrap a piece of crescent dough around the bacon and place seam side down on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Serve with sauce.