Last week, I shared a recipe for Oven-Barbecued Beef Brisket that makes one of the best briskets I have ever eaten. When I make a brisket for my family, we always have leftovers and this Brisket Grilled Cheese is one of my favorite ways to use those leftovers.
With gooey melted cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese and pieces of tender slow-cooked brisket, this is a delicious, drool-worthy sandwich. It’s a stick-to-your-ribs kind of meal.
I love it because you don’t need much brisket, so it’s a good meal to make when you just have a small amount of leftovers. A little brisket goes a long way in these sandwiches.
In terms of comfort food, grilled cheese is right up there with mac and cheese as the ultimate comfort food. And adding brisket takes it to a whole new level.
Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter
- 8 slices Italian bread or Texas toast
- 1 heaping cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 heaping cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2-3 slices leftover brisket, shredded
- Spread about ½ tablespoon on one side of each piece of bread. To make a sandwich, place a piece of bread buttered-side down.
- Cover the unbuttered side with shredded Cheddar cheese, then a layer of brisket, followed by a layer of shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- Place another piece of bread unbuttered side down on top. Repeat for remaining sandwiches.
- Heat a pan, preferably cast iron, over medium heat. Cook 1 or 2 sandwiches at a time, until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted.