Twice Baked Jalapeno Popper Potatoes are stuffed full of bacon, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and jalapenos. Crispy on the outside and wonderfully creamy and rich on the inside. So spicy and good!
Ingredients Needed For Twice Baked Jalapeno Popper Potatoes
- 4 Large Baking Potatoes (russett potatoes)
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese– you want it softened so that it mixes in easily.
- Sour Cream
- Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder– potatoes need lots and lots of seasoning to not taste bland.
- Jalapeno Peppers– finely diced. Use 2 for a little heat or 3 to 4 for lots of heat.
- Bacon– use as much or as little bacon as you like. I think about 6 slices is just the right amount.
- Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese– you can replace half a cup of the cheddar cheese with Parmesan cheese if you like.
- Green Onions– adds nice color and flavor.
Scoop out the insides of the potato halves.
How To Make Twice Baked Jalapeno Popper Potatoes
- Bake the potatoes. (First Bake) Rub the potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake until soft (until a fork easily pierces them.)
- Let cool until cool enough to handle. Then scoop out the pulp into a bowl with the cream cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper. Use an electric mixer to mix until smooth or a potato masher to mash until smooth.
- Mix in most of the bacon, cheddar cheese, and green onion and all of the jalapeno.
- Season the inside of the potato shells with salt and pepper and then stuff with the potato mixture. Sprinkle remaining cheese, onion, and bacon on top.
- Bake a second time. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until hot all the way through.
How To Store
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container for 4 to 5 days and can be reheated in the oven or microwave. Can be frozen for up to 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then bake.
More Stuffed Potato Recipes
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 to 3 jalapeno peppers, finely diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Wash and scrub the potatoes. Rub with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt.Bake at 400 degrees F for 1 hour or until soft.Let cool until cool enough to handle.Cut in half and scoop out the pulp into a large bowl.
- Cook the bacon until crispy and then chop it up.Cook the jalapeno in the bacon grease for just a minute or two to soften.
- To the bowl with the pulp, add cream cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Use an electric mixer to mix until smooth. Or you can use a potato masher.
- Stir in the jalapeno peppers. Set aside a little bacon, cheddar cheese and green onion and mix the rest into the potato mixture.
- Spinkle the potato shells with a little salt and pepper and then fill with potato mixture. Sprinkle the set aside bacon, green onion, and cheese on top.
- Place on rimmed baking sheet and bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes.