Full of Tex-Mex flavor, this easy Taco Soup is one of my favorite soup recipes. Top with cheese, sour cream, and pickled jalapenos and you have a great meal for a cold night.
Easy To Make
Made mostly with pantry ingredients, this soup is fabulously easy to make and it only needs to simmer for 20 minutes. In addition to ground beef, onion, jalapeno peppers, and garlic, there’s also a packet of ranch seasoning and a packet of taco seasoning, both of which add tons of flavor.
Other ingredients include Rotel tomatoes, chili beans, black beans, creamed corn, and whole kernel corn. Besides browning the ground beef, this is pretty much a dump and go recipe. Don’t be intimidated by the long list of ingredients. It doesn’t take long at all to add them to the pot.
You can easily adapt this recipe based on what you have on hand and your preferences. Ground turkey can be used instead of ground beef. If you don’t want to use all three types of beans, just double up on one of them.
Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for 4 to 5 days and reheated in the microwave. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
Is This Dish Spicy?
If you use “Hot” taco seasoning, “Hot” Rotel tomatoes, and “Hot” Chili Beans, this soup will have a fair amount of heat. To add more, add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper and serve with Cholulu hot sauce.
More Soup Recipes For A Cold Night
- Easy Tortellini Soup
- Vegetable Beef Soup
- Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Cheesy Ham and Potato Chowder
- 1.5 pounds ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14-ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can Hot Rotel tomatoes
- 1 (16-ounce) can Chili Beans
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8.25-ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- tortilla chips, sour cream, shredded Mexican cheese for serving.
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat and add ground chuck. Break it apart with a wooden spoon and add onion and jalapeno when it is about halfway cooked.
- Once beef is browned, add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream, and shredded cheese.