Strawberry Filled Angel Food Cake is an easy, old-fashioned recipe perfect for spring and summer entertaining. A light and airy Angel Food Cake is hollowed out and filled with a creamy, rich mixture of fresh strawberries, sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese, and a little almond extract.
Make-Ahead No-Bake Dessert
Then the whole thing is covered in Cool Whip or fresh whipped cream. This is a great make ahead dessert for a picnic or potluck. The cake should be assembled at least 8 hours in advance for best results.
What’s really great about this Strawberry Filled Angel Food Cake besides the fact that it is a wonderfully delicious and gorgeous spring dessert, is you can totally make it from scratch or you can use some store-bought products for convenience and to make it in a jiffy.
Angel Food Cake
You can make a homemade, from scratch Angel Food Cake or one from a boxed mix. Or you can use a store-bought Angel Food Cake which is what I do.
Cool Whip or Fresh Whipped Cream
Use Cool Whip or make fresh whipped cream. It’s your choice. Either way it will be delicious. If you make fresh whipped cream , you will want to sweeten it some.
This spring dessert is so easy and delicious and a wonderful way to use fresh strawberries. It makes a great Mother’s Day treat!
Change Up The Fruit
This cake can easily be made with blueberries, raspberries, blackberries or sliced peaches instead of strawberries.
More Strawberry Desserts
- Strawberry Sheet Cake
- Strawberry Custard Bars
- No Bake Strawberry Lasagna
- Strawberry Nutella Dessert Pizza
- Strawberry Twinkie Cake
- Strawberry Lemonade Bars
- Strawberry Layer Cake
Strawberry Filled Angel Food Cake
- 1 Angel food cake, from scratch or store bought
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups thinly sliced strawberries
- 1 (8-ounce) container Cool Whip
- strawberries for garnishing
- Cut a 1/2-inch slice from the top of the cake and set aside.
- Cut 1 inch from the center hole and 1-inch from the outer edge. Remove center of cake, pulling it out with your fingers and leaving a 1 inch border at the bottom. Tear cake that was removed into pieces and set aside.
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer.
- Add sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and almond extract and beat until smooth.
- Fold in cake pieces and strawberries.
- Spoon mixture into hollowed out portion of cake. Put top back on cake. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Frost with Cool Whip and additional strawberries.
3 thoughts on “Strawberry Filled Angel Food Cake”
You are cutting the cake in half basically tearing out middle in to little pieces and once it’s all mixed you put it in the hollowed out part, replace top and ice with cool whip
Love your recipes and anxious to try this but confused re “leaving 1” border at bottom”. There is already a hole throughout the middle of cake from the Angel cake pan. Doesn’t filling go right to bottom of the plate?
I am confused as well.