Strawberry Filled Angel Food Cake is an easy, old-fashioned recipe perfect for spring and summer entertaining. A light and airy Angel Food Cake is hollowed out and filled with a creamy, rich mixture of fresh strawberries, sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese, and a little almond extract.
Make-Ahead No-Bake Dessert
Then the whole thing is covered in Cool Whip or fresh whipped cream. This is a great make ahead dessert for a picnic or potluck. The cake should be assembled at least 8 hours in advance for best results.
What’s really great about this Strawberry Filled Angel Food Cake besides the fact that it is a wonderfully delicious and gorgeous spring dessert, is you can totally make it from scratch or you can use some store-bought products for convenience and to make it in a jiffy.
Angel Food Cake
You can make a homemade, from scratch Angel Food Cake or one from a boxed mix. Or you can use a store-bought Angel Food Cake which is what I do.
Cool Whip or Fresh Whipped Cream
Use Cool Whip or make fresh whipped cream. It’s your choice. Either way it will be delicious. If you make fresh whipped cream , you will want to sweeten it some.
This spring dessert is so easy and delicious and a wonderful way to use fresh strawberries. It makes a great Mother’s Day treat!
Change Up The Fruit
This cake can easily be made with blueberries, raspberries, blackberries or sliced peaches instead of strawberries.
More Strawberry Desserts
- Strawberry Sheet Cake
- Strawberry Custard Bars
- No Bake Strawberry Lasagna
- Strawberry Nutella Dessert Pizza
- Strawberry Twinkie Cake
- Strawberry Lemonade Bars
- Strawberry Layer Cake
- Cut a 1/2-inch slice from the top of the cake and set aside.
- Cut 1 inch from the center hole and 1-inch from the outer edge. Remove center of cake, pulling it out with your fingers and leaving a 1 inch border at the bottom. Tear cake that was removed into pieces and set aside.
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer.
- Add sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and almond extract and beat until smooth.
- Fold in cake pieces and strawberries.
- Spoon mixture into hollowed out portion of cake. Put top back on cake. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Frost with Cool Whip and additional strawberries.