S’mores Skillet Brownie consists of a rich and fudgy brownie studded with graham cracker pieces and chopped Hershey Bars. The brownie is topped with a layer of gooey toasted marshmallows and more Hershey bar pieces. All the flavor of s’mores but no campfire needed!
They are the perfect brownies for a summer cookout. Also great served with a glass of warm milk for an afternoon snack.
I never get tired of brownies. They are my ultimate weakness. So much chocolaty goodness.
S’mores Skillet Brownie is best made in a 9-inch cast iron pan but it can be made in a 9-inch cake pan. You want to use a metal one since the brownie will be under the broiler to toast the marshmallows.
As a bonus, if you make them in a cast iron pan, they can be cooked right on the grill. So no need to go in the kitchen if you’re having an outdoor cookout. Just set the gas grill to 350 degrees. If you want the marshmallows to be toasted, you will need to pop them in the oven under the broiler to get that wonderful charred flavor. Or you can use a blow torch.
The ooey, gooey marshmallow and chocolate bar topping on these brownies takes them to a whole new level. They are a little sticky and messy to eat, but so, so good!
Try these other S’mores recipes:
- 1 (4-ounce) bar unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (3.6-oz) mini Hershey bars (8 bars per package), roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup roughly chopped graham crackers
- 10 jumbo marshmallows. cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 inch cast iron pan with cooking spray.
- Chop unsweetened chocolate into pieces. Cut butter into pieces.
- Combine chopped chocolate and butter in a double boiler or a heavy-bottomed pot. Heat over low heat, stirring until melted.
- Transfer chocolate/butter mixture to a large bowl.
- Stir in sugar and then eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into chocolate mixture.
- Fold in 1/2 of chopped Hershey bars and all of the graham cracker pieces.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until center is set, about 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and arrange marshmallows on top along with remaining chocolate. Add a few extra graham cracker pieces if desired.
- Place BRIEFLY under broiler to brown marshmallows. Note: They will brown very quickly so do not take your eye off them.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from Southern Cast Iron Magazine
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.