This Reuben Casserole is my favorite sandwich in casserole form and it is so easy to make.
This casserole is full of Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, corned beef, and Thousand Island dressing, plus some Rye bread cubes.
Quick and Easy
This recipe is so easy to make and only needs about 25 minutes in the oven. All you need to make it is a cutting board, a cheese grater, and a 9×13-inch baking dish.
Only 6 Ingredients
The only ingredients you need for this recipe are rye bread, corned beef, sauerkraut, Thousand Island, Swiss cheese and mozzarella cheese. They get layered in a 9×13-inch baking dish and then baked.
Two Types Of Cheese
I like to use a combination of Swiss cheese and mozzarella cheese for this recipe. The casserole tastes best with a thick layer of cheese on top, but Swiss cheese can be a little overpowering in large quantities. If you love the flavor of Swiss cheese, you can use all Swiss cheese.
Make It Low Carb
Leave out the Rye bread and use a low carb dressing to make this casserole low carb.
Subsitutions For Reuben Casserole
- Russian Dressing can be used instead of Thousand Island.
- Pastrami can be used instead of corned beef.
- Pumpernicle bread can be used instead of Rye bread.
You can easily cut this recipe in half and make it in an 8 or 9-inch square baking dish.
Leftovers will keep for 3 to 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
More Reuben Recipes
- 6 slices rye or pumpernickel bread, cut into cubes
- 1 pound deli-sliced corned beef, cut into strips
- 1 (16-ounce) can sauerkraut, drained well
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing, plus more for serving
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Set aside about 1/3 of the bread cubes and place the remaining cubes in the bottom of the prepared baking dish, spreading them out evenly.
- Arrange the corned beef evenly on top of the bread cubes.
- Drizzle the 1/2 cup of Thousand Island on top of the corned beef. Top with the sauerkraut.
- Combine the two cheese and the remaining bread cubes and sprinkle evenly on top of the casserole.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until hot all the way through and cheese is completely melted.