Red Velvet Marble Bundt Cake is a festive pound cake for the holiday season. The cake is drizzled in a glaze for a little extra sweetness. This stunning cake is a cinch to make.
There’s only a few extra steps to getting the marble pattern. Coloring a portion of the batter red and layering the two batters in the bundt pan. Not hard at all.
As it bakes the two batters form a swirl pattern. The color contrast is gorgeous. For more holiday color, serve Red Velvet Marble Bundt Cake with strawberries and mint.
This cake is wonderfully tender and dense with lots of buttery flavor. The red velvet part has a slight cocoa flavor. The outer layer bakes up fabulously crispy. It’s my favorite part of a pound cake!
Tips and Tricks:
- This cake will keep at room temperature for 3 to 4 days. Be sure it is wrapped and covered so it does not dry out.
- Be sure not to overbake the cake or it will be dry.
- Can be frozen for 3 to 3 months. Wrap well in plastic wrap.
In addition to being great for Christmas, Red Velvet Marble Bundt Cake also makes a showstopper dessert for Valentine’s Day.
More Red Velvet Cakes
- Red Velvet Scones
- German Chocolate Red Velvet Cake
- Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Drizzle
- Red Velvet Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon liquid red food coloring
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and shortening at medium speed until creamy. Gradually add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating just until each one is incorporated.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternating with milk, beginning and ending with flour.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Measure out 2 1/2 cups of batter and transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in cocoa powder and red food coloring.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan or spray with baking spray. Spoon enough uncolored batter into the Bundt pan to just cover the bottom of the pan.
- Spoon about half of the red batter into the bundt pan.
- Spoon about half the remaining uncolored batter into the pan followed by the rest of the red batter. Finish off with the remaining uncolored batter.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then invert onto a cake stand or serving platter. Cool completely before glazing.
- To make glaze, whisk together all ingredients in a bowl. Add a touch more milk if too thick. Drizzle on top of cake.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe Source: Southern Living
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.