Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Jello Shots are the perfect adult treat for summer parties. Made from pineapple juice, cake vodka, and maraschino cherries, they are the jello shot version of these Pineapple Upside Down Cake Cocktails.
These jello shots have all the flavors of Pineapple Upside Down Cake. Thanks to the Cake-flavored vodka, they really do taste like cake in a shot glass.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Jello Shots consist of 2 layers with a cherry on top. The top layer is flavored with pineapple juice and cake-flavored vodka. The bottom layer has grenadine added.
Tips for making Pineapple Upside Down Cake Jello Shots:
- It’s important that you let the gelatin soften. Just sprinkle the gelatin on top of the pineapple juice and sugar and let it do its thing for 5 minutes.
- When you are heating the mixture to dissolve the sugar and gelatin, do NOT let it boil. Your jello shots will not set up right if you do.
- These jello shots are best made in the morning or even the night before you want to serve them so they have plenty of time to set up.
- These 2-ounce cups are perfect for making jello shots.
More Pineapple Upside Down Recipes:
- Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Pineapple Upside Down Cocktail
Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Jello Shots
- 1 1/3 cups canned pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cake vodka
- 2 tablespoons grenadine
- 1 jar maraschino cherries
- Spray 15 plastic shot glasses with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Combine pineapple juice and sugar in a small saucepan. Add gelatin and let sit 5 minutes.
- Heat the pan over medium heat. Whisk for 2 to 3 minutes to dissolve the sugar and gelatin. Do not let mixture boil.
- Sitr in cake vodka.
- Pour half of mixture into a bowl and stir in the grenadine.
- Divide grenadine mixture between the plastic shot glasses. Place in refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes or until it firms up.
- Place a cherry in each cup and pour the remaining pineapple mixture around it.
- Place in refrigerator until firm.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe Source: Adapted from Tip Hero
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
3 thoughts on “Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Jello Shots”
DO NOT use fresh pineapple juice for this recipe! I learned the hard way that fresh pineapple will prevent gelatine from setting. Only used canned pineapple juice ! Good otherwise, and easy.
how much fun, I’m in! very creative, thank you!