A creamy and rich ice cream with all the flavors of Peach Cobbler. This Peach Cobbler Ice Cream is a delicious summertime treat that is a perfect way to use fresh summer peaches.
We have fresh peaches galore right now in South Carolina. I used about 4 peaches for this batch of ice cream. Two of them I left chopped and 2 of them I pureed. The pureed peaches give the ice cream a slight peach color, but if you want more of a peach color, you’ll have to use a little food coloring. (I didn’t use food coloring.)
Pie Crust Pieces
My favorite part of this Peach Cobbler Ice Cream is the pie crust pieces that are mixed in. The pie crust is sprinkled with brown sugar and cinnamon before it is baked and the little pieces in the ice cream not only give flavor, but also a nice texture contrast.
Ice Cream Maker
You do need an ice cream maker for this recipe. I use the Cuisinart Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker. At about $50 , it is a really good investment if you love ice cream. I also use it to make my Banana Pudding Ice Cream.
For an extra special treat, put some Peach Cobbler Ice Cream on some Peach Cobbler. Double Deliciousness!
More Ice Cream Recipes
- Banana Pudding Ice Cream– tastes like a delicious old-fashioned creamy treat with real banana flavor and wonderful pieces of Nilla wafers mixed in.
- Mint Julep Ice Cream– perfect for the Kentucky Derby.
- Sweet Potato Ice Cream– with Marshmallow Swirl and Candied Pecans. Yum! Great for fall.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon heaping brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 heaping cups chopped peaches
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Unroll pie crust on a baking sheet and drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon brown sugar and cinnamon. Bake for 10 minutes. Cut into strips and let cool.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the half and half, brown sugar, white sugar, and salt. Stir until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- Take saucepan off heat. Place eggs in a medium bowl. While whisking, gradually (to not curdle the eggs) add about half the sugar/half-and-half mixture to the eggs.
- Pour egg mixture into saucepan with the half and half that remained in the saucepan.
- Stir in cream.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon. About 5 to 10 minutes.
- Take saucepan off heat and stir in vanilla extract and almond extract. Pour mixture through a fine-meshed sieve into a bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Place 1 cup of peaches in food processor and process until smooth.
- Add processed peaches and chopped peaches to cream mixture.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturers directions.
- Just before turning ice cream maker off, add about 1/2 the pie crust pieces, crumbling them into the ice cream.
- If ice cream is not thick enough for your liking, place in freezer for 1 hour.
- Serve with remaining pie crust pieces.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally Posted August 1, 2015.
More Peach Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.