Mango Chutney Chicken Salad is a creamy chicken salad full of mango chutney, apples, red grapes and cashews.
It has lots of interesting flavors and a little sweetness.
How To Serve Mango Chutney Chicken Salad
Chicken salad is a food I can eat all summer long. I love to serve it on top of a salad, as a sandwich, or with Club crackers. Also makes a great wrap.
Mango Chutney is similar to a fruit jam but it has tons of spices added. It originated in India and it tastes wonderful as a spread or dip. Ingredients in mango chutney vary but it typically contains mangos mixed with brown sugar, vinegar, ginger and chili flakes.
I typically use Major Grey’s Chutney but my store has been out of it recently so I’ve been using Patak’s Mango Chutney. They are very different from each other but both are delicious.
Use A Good Quality Mayonnaise
I use either Duke’s mayonnaise or Hellman’s mayonnaise. A homemade mayonnaise would be a good option too.
You can use any type of cooked chicken, whether it be rotisserie chicken, baked chicken, grilled chicken, or poached chicken. You can use a mix of white meat and dark meat or all white meat. Cut or shred the chicken into small pieces.
Best made at least 1 hour in advance so the flavors have time to blend.
Use more or less mango chutney depending on your tastes.
- Use pecans, pistachios, or macadamia nuts instead of cashews.
- Add currants or craisins.
- Use red onion or sweet onion instead of green onion.
- Use diced pineapple instead of apple.
Will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days. I don’t recommend freezing this chicken salad.
More Chicken Salad Recipes
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Salad
- Strawberry Chicken Salad
- Bacon Cheddar Ranch Chicken Salad
- Golden Chicken Salad
- Tropical Chicken Salad
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup mango chutney
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced red grapes
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, diced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced or shredded
- 1/3 cup salted cashews
- In a large bowl, mix together mayonnaise and mango chutney.
- Add celery, green onion, grapes, apple, and chicken. Stir to mix.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Sprinkle cashews on top and serve.