Korean Bulgogi Tacos- a combination of sweet and spicy beef strips, a creamy Gochujang sauce, coleslaw mix, and fresh cilantro make for one tasty taco.
As much as I love Mexican tacos, fusion tacos are some of my favorites. And Beef Bulgogi is one of my all time favorite foods. It tastes even better as a taco.There is a real symphony of flavors in this recipe.
The brown sugar in the marinade wonderfully caramelizes the steak as it cooks and the beef strips taste like beef candy. I absolutely love the flavors of bulgogi. It’s salty, sweet and spicy.
How To Make Beef Bulgogi Tacos
- Marinate the beef for 6 to 24 hours. The longer you marinate it, the more flavorful it becomes.
- Make the Gochujang sauce. This can be done a day in advance.
- Cook the beef. Be sure to get the pan really hot and don’t overcook it.
- Assemble the tacos. Warm the tortillas over a gas flame or in a pan. Fill with coleslaw mix, shredded carrots, beef bulgogi, sesame seeds, cilantro, and Gochujang sauce.
Corn tortillas are more traditional for tacos, but flour tortillas work better for this recipe.
You will need an asian pear for the marinade. It helps tenderize the meat. Asian pears can be a little hard to find, especially out of season. They taste like a cross between an apple and a pear and look more like apples. You can substitute a bosc pear for the asian pear if needed.
If you like the flavors of Bulgogi, be sure to try these Easy Beef Bulgogi Meatballs.
More Awesome Taco Recipes To Try
- Fry Bread Tacos
- Crunchy Catfish Tacos with Tequila Creamed Corn
- Caribbean Pork Tacos
- Nashville Hot Chicken Tacos
Korean Bulgogi Tacos
- 1 asian pear, peeled and cut into slices
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1-3 teaspoons Gochujang sauce
- 2 boneless rib-eye steaks, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 bag coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon toasted seasme seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth.
- Combine marinade and beef in a ziptop bag. Marinate 6 to 24 hours.
- In a small bowl, stir together all Gochujang Sauce ingredients. Refrigerate until needed.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Once skillet is really hot, add half the beef. Cook until browned on both sides. About 1 minute per side.Repeat with remaining steak.
- Warm tortillas over a gas flame or in a nonstick pan. Fill with coleslaw mix and shredded carrots. Top with steak, sesame seeds, Gochujang sauce and cilantro.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.