Grilled Chipotle Orange Chicken is marinated in a sweet and spicy marinade and then grilled. It’s an easy grilled chicken recipe you’ll want to make all summer long.
Easy 4 Ingredient Marinade
This marinade is so easy and packs so much flavor. It consists of orange juice, brown sugar, BBQ sauce, and minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. The chipotle peppers plus the grill add lots of smokey flavor to the chicken.
How Long To Marinate
Marinate the chicken for 2 to 24 hours. The longer you do it, the more flavor the chicken will have.
How To Serve
Goes great with a side or Orange Rice or Cilantro Lime Rice or serve with a side of steamed broccoli or steamed green beans for a light and healthy meal. Slice and serve on top of a garden salad or use as a filling for tacos or quesadillas.
Grilled Chipotle Orange Chicken Recipe Tips
Boneless, skinless chicken thighs can be used instead of chicken breasts. They will need to cook a little longer. Chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165F.
Use more or less chipotle peppers depending on how spicy you want your chicken.
You can use bottled orange juice or freshly squeezed orange juice.
If you don’t have a grill, you can use a grill pan or cast iron pan.
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days. This recipe is easy to double so that you have leftovers for salads and tacos.
More Grilled Chicken Recipes
- Pickle-Brined Grilled Chicken
- BBQ Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Huli Huli Chicken
- Chicken and Bacon Kabobs
- Healthy Grilled Greek Chicken
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine orange juice, brown sugar, BBQ sauce, and chipotle peppers in a large ziptop bag.
- Use a meat mallet or heavy rolling pin to flatten chicken breasts into even thickness.
- Place chicken in bag with marinade. Refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
- Remove chicken from fridge and let it sit at room temperature while you heat the grill. Heat grill to medium-high.
- Remove chicken from marinade and season lightly with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil. (Discard the marinade.)Grill chicken for 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- If desired, baste chicken with bottled bbq sauce the last minute of grilling.