Crock Pot Sausage, Potatoes, and Green Beans makes an easy one-pot southern dinner.
A few strips of bacon are added for some smoky flavor. Serve with a side of cornbread for a delicious southern meal.
- Red or Yukon Gold Potatoes– cut in halves or quarters if not really small.
- Fresh Green Beans– canned can be used instead.
- Chicken Broth– adds lots of flavor. Use low-sodium if you need to watch salt intake.
- Seasoned Salt– Adds so much more flavor than regular salt. I use Lawry’s Seasoned Salt.
- Smoked Sausage
- Butter– added at the end for a buttery finish.
What Type Of Sausage To Use
My favorite sausage to use is kielbasa but you can use any type of smoked sausage.
Quick Prep Time
This is just a chop and dump recipe. No need to pre-cook anything. Just add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and turn it on.
A 6-quart or larger slow cooker.
How Long To Cook Crock Pot Sausage, Potatoes, and Green Beans
The potatoes take the longest to cook. They should take 4 to 5 hours on HIGH or 7 to 8 hours on LOW to get soft.
How To Make Spicy
To make this dish spicy, add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes to the slow cooker. You can also serve with hot sauce.
- Add 1 medium diced sweet onion.
- Canned green beans can be used instead of fresh.
- You can double the amount of smoked sausage for a meatier meal.
- The bacon is added for flavor but can be left out.
Leftovers will keep for 4 to 5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator and can be reheated in a microwave.
More Easy Slow Cooker Recipes
- Crockpot Cabbage and Kielbasa
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Pasta
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Country Ribs
- Slow Cooker Spicy Pinto Beans
- Slow Cooker Barbecued Green Beans
- 8 small red or Yukon Gold potatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 bacon slices (uncooked), chopped
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut in pieces
- Place potatoes, green beans, bacon, smoked sausage, chicken broth, seasoned salt, and pepper in a 6-quart or larger crock pot.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
- Stir in butter until melted. Note: You can drain off some of the liquid before you add the butter.