Crock Pot Sausage, Potatoes, and Green Beans makes an easy one-pot southern dinner.
A few strips of bacon are added for some smoky flavor. Serve with a side of cornbread for a delicious southern meal.
- Red or Yukon Gold Potatoes– cut in halves or quarters if not really small.
- Fresh Green Beans– canned can be used instead.
- Chicken Broth– adds lots of flavor. Use low-sodium if you need to watch salt intake.
- Seasoned Salt– Adds so much more flavor than regular salt. I use Lawry’s Seasoned Salt.
- Smoked Sausage
- Butter– added at the end for a buttery finish.
What Type Of Sausage To Use
My favorite sausage to use is kielbasa but you can use any type of smoked sausage.
Quick Prep Time
This is just a chop and dump recipe. No need to pre-cook anything. Just add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and turn it on.
A 6-quart or larger slow cooker.
How Long To Cook Crock Pot Sausage, Potatoes, and Green Beans
The potatoes take the longest to cook. They should take 4 to 5 hours on HIGH or 7 to 8 hours on LOW to get soft.
How To Make Spicy
To make this dish spicy, add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes to the slow cooker. You can also serve with hot sauce.
- Add 1 medium diced sweet onion.
- Canned green beans can be used instead of fresh.
- You can double the amount of smoked sausage for a meatier meal.
- The bacon is added for flavor but can be left out.
Leftovers will keep for 4 to 5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator and can be reheated in a microwave.
More Easy Slow Cooker Recipes
- Crockpot Cabbage and Kielbasa
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Pasta
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Country Ribs
- Slow Cooker Spicy Pinto Beans
- Slow Cooker Barbecued Green Beans
Crock Pot Sausage, Potatoes, and Green Beans
- 8 small red or Yukon Gold potatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 bacon slices (uncooked), chopped
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut in pieces
- Place potatoes, green beans, bacon, smoked sausage, chicken broth, seasoned salt, and pepper in a 6-quart or larger crock pot.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
- Stir in butter until melted. Note: You can drain off some of the liquid before you add the butter.
4 thoughts on “Crock Pot Sausage, Potatoes, and Green Beans”
I made it I’m sure it will be delicious I’m having it for supper tonight.
Can I use Carrots instead of Green Beans?
We made this the first time and we loved it. So we made it again and doubled everything so we could have leftovers it’s just so good.
This is a family favorite recipe at our house, but I also add onion to mine.