Creamy Tuscan Salmon is a rich salmon dinner with a creamy sauce flavored with garlic, Parmesan cheese, basil, spinach, and tomatoes. It’s a restaurant quality meal that’s easy to make at home.
The salmon is perfectly seared and the thick sauce wonderfully coats it. I make sure there’s plenty of sauce to flavor every bite of salmon.
30 Minute Meal
I love cooking seafood at home. Not only because it is delicious, but it cooks very quickly. This salmon dish can be prepared in just 30 minutes. The salmon itself needs only about 6 to 7 minutes to cook depending on the size of the fillets and how you like your salmon cooked.
How To Tell If Salmon Is Done
I like salmon medium-rare. Salmon cooks quickly and you have to really watch it. Salmon will easily flake when it is done. I like to take a knife or fork and poke at the thickest portion to take a peak inside. It will turn from translucent to completely pink when it is well done. I like for it to still look a little translucent in the very middle.
Tuscan Salmon Recipe Tips
I prefer wild-caught salmon over farm-raised.
Cook the salmon with the skin on even if you don’t plan on eating it. It is easy to peal off once the salmon is cooked.
Use sun-dried tomatoes instead of cherry tomatoes if you wish or a combination of the two for lots of tomato flavor.
How To Serve
There’s so much sauce, you can easily serve this salmon over mashed potatoes or rice. Because it is a rich dish, I like to serve it with a garden salad with Creamy Italian Dressing to lighten the meal up some. Steamed green beans or broccoli are a great side too.
More Tuscan-Style Recipes
- Slow Cooker Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- Creamy Tuscan Shrimp
- Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Tuscan Chicken Pinwheels
- Tuscan Stuffed Chicken
Creamy Tuscan Salmon
- 4 salmon fillets
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces baby spinach leaves
- Pat salmon dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet.Add salmon skin side down. Cook for about 4 minutes or until skin is crispy. Flip over and cook another 2 to 3 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add the butter to the skillet and cook the onion for 3 minutes to soften. Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Add wine and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add heavy cream, basil, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes. Continue to simmer until heavy cream sauce has thickened some.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and spinach and stir until cheese is melted and spinach is wilted.Check for seasoning and add more salt if desired.
- Return salmon to pan and remove from heat.
1 thought on “Creamy Tuscan Salmon”
Can I use red wine vinegar instead of red wine?