Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal has a chewy texture with lots of cinnamon flavor and a cream cheese glaze. Easy to make and leftovers reheat well.
I absolutely love baked oatmeal. It has a wonderfully dense, chewy texture. If you tend to like thick oatmeal, you are going to love baked oatmeal.
Because this baked oatmeal is made with old-fashioned oats, it has lots of good nutrition and will keep you full until Lunchtime.
How to Make Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal:
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and add the walnuts.
- Transfer to a greased 9-inch square baking dish.
- Bake for 28 to 32 minutes. Go a little shorter on the cooking time if you want it to be really moist and longer if you want a drier, chewier baked oatmeal.
- Let the oatmeal cool some before adding the glaze.
- If your baked oatmeal is too dry for your taste, pour a little warm milk over it to soften it up.
- The walnuts can be left out if you have a nut allergy or you can use pecans or almonds instead.
- Try adding 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips to the batter for some chocolate flavor.
How To Store, Freeze, and Reheat Baked Oatmeal?
Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for 5 days or you can cut it into squares, wrap it well in plastic wrap and freeze it for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then reheat in the microwave.
Try These Other Amazing Oatmeal Recipes:
- Instant Pot Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter and Banana Oatmeal Bars
- Slow Cooker Apple Pie Oatmeal
- Samoa Oatmeal
Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal
- 9-inch square baking dish
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 9-inch square baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, heavy cream, egg, and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until combined. Stir in walnuts.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish.Bake for 28 to 32 minutes or until set.
- Let cool 10 minutes before drizzling glaze on.To make glaze, use a hand-held electric mixer to beat all ingredients until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze on with a spoon or place in a plastic ziptop bag and snip the corner.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.