This Chocolate Zucchini Bread is wonderfully moist and loaded with chocolate flavor. I can’t think of a better way to use garden fresh zucchini.
A combination of cocoa powder and chocolate chips gives this bread a deep, rich chocolate flavor. It also has 2 cups of shredded zucchini so at least you know there’s some nutrition in the bread.
This recipe makes 2 8×4-inch loaves. You can easily freeze one for later use. This quick bread is great for breakfast, snack, or dessert.
The batter is super easy to make. You just need 2 bowls and a whisk. Tastes great warm from the oven and will stay fresh-tasting for about 4 days. It can be stored at room temperature. I like to add a little cinnamon for extra flavor, but leave it out if you don’t like cinnamon.
CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI BREAD RECIPE TIPS:
- You can either grate your zucchini on a box grater or use a food processor. Zucchini is one of the easiest foods to grate.
- The pecans can be left out or substituted with walnuts.
- Use either milk, semi-sweet, or dark chocolate chips.
- I briefly blot the grated zucchini with paper towels but I do not squeeze the water out of the zucchini. It helps keep the bread moist.
- Be sure to measure your flour correctly. Don’t let it get packed down in the measuring cup. Fluff the flour up some in the bag and then use a spoon to scoop it into the measuring cup.
- Can be frozen for up to 2 months.
- If you don’t have 2 8×4-inch loaf pans, use 1 8×4-inch or 1 9×5-inch loaf pan and fill muffin cups with the remaining batter. Muffins should bake in about 18 to 22 minutes.
Try These Other Amazing Zucchini Recipes:
- Carrot Zucchini Muffins
- Zucchini Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting
- Dark Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Pancakes
Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Line 2 8x4-inch loaf pans with parchment paper. Lightly spray with cooking spray.Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla, zucchini, and pecans.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until evenly combined. Stir in half the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter between the two loaf pans. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until firm. Let cool before slicing.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post containa affiliate links.