These boneless chicken breasts cooked in a creamy Jack Daniels sauce can be on the table in just 30 minutes. It’s a simple, but flavorful and comforting meal. The sauce cooks up thick and rich and the Jack Daniels gives it an awesome flavor that’s kind of hard to describe. It has a half cup of whiskey, but the taste isn’t overpowering at all and really enhances the flavor of the cream.
Y’all, my son is in college now and I don’t know what to do with myself, or who I am going to cook for. He’s my adventurous eater and being a teenage boy, he can pack down some food. (Note: Originally published August 23, 2015. My son is 25 now!!)
I’ll most likely be making lots of recipes in the months ahead that can be mailed in care packages. That is, if my son ever tells me what his mailing address is.
Now, don’t think I’ve taken to the bottle since my son left. I made this comforting Chicken in Jack Daniels Cream Sauce before my son left for college. 🙂
Chicken in Jack Daniels Cream Sauce Recipe Tip
This recipe calls for igniting the Jack Daniels. Be very, very careful doing this. Those flames can really jump up and you don’t want to have your face anywhere near them. And it’s always wise to have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen just in case. If you’re going to drink a little Jack Daniels while you cook, it’s best to wait until after this step. We don’t want to exercise any poor judgement when there is fire involved.
How To Serve
If I haven’t made you too scared to try this recipe, it tastes great served over rice. 🙂 I love a side of green peas or green beans.
How To Make Spicy
If you want to make this chicken dinner spicy, add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
More Awesome Chicken Recipes
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
- Buttermilk Hot Sauce Brined Chicken
- Baked Parmesan Chicken
- Baked Chicken and Rice with Bacon
- Chicken with Creole Mustard Cream Sauce
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Jack Daniel’s Whiskey
- 3 large shallots chopped (or 1 onion)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter and oil in a large pan. Add chicken and brown on both sides.
- Add the Jack Daniels and carefully ignite. Shake the pan until the flames go out.
- Add shallots and cook for 1 minute.
- Add thyme, parsley, and 1/4 cup water. Cover pan and cook over low heat for 25 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and add the cream to the pan.
- Mix the cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water together in a small bowl. Add to sauce. Simmer sauce until thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Return chicken to pan and remove from heat.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally posted August 23, 2015.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.