Bourbon BBQ Burgers are flavored with bourbon and bbq sauce and topped with Colby Jack cheese, onion rings, and a smoky BBQ mayonnaise for a fantastically delicious southern burger. So much smoky, sweet flavor!
Bourbon is such an amazing flavoring for foods. I think I love to cook and bake with it almost as much as I love to drink it. Almost.
My favorite bourbon for both cooking and drinking is Maker’s Mark. It has such a smooth taste and smells of caramel and vanilla. Delicious!
Tips for making Bourbon BBQ Burgers:
- Use your favorite bbq sauce for this recipe. I like to use one that is both sweet and spicy.
- You can use your favorite onion ring recipe or my favorite thing to do is to place frozen onion rings in the air fryer. So easy and they get extra crispy. The onion rings in these pictures are Alexa brand frozen onion rings that I cooked in my Air Fryer.
- I like using ground chuck for my burgers. The extra fat in chuck creates a super juicy burger.
- In addition to bourbon, I also add Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder to flavor these burgers plus an egg and breadcrumbs to help hold the patties together. Be sure to season the patties well with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate the burger patties for at least 20 minutes before grilling them.
- If you don’t have a grill, these burgers can be cooked in a cast iron pan.
This is a messy, sky high burger so be sure to grab a stack of napkins.
Try these other recipes using bourbon:
- Bourbon and Bacon Mac and Cheese
- Bourbon Shrimp
- Crock Pot Bourbon Bacon Pulled Chicken
- Oven-Roasted Beef Brisket with Bourbon Peach Glaze
- Grilled Bourbon Steaks
Bourbon BBQ Burgers
- 1 1/4 pounds ground chuck
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices Colby Jack cheese
- 4 teaspoons bbq sauce
- 8 onion rings
- 4 lettuce leaves
- tomato slices
- 4 hamburger buns
- Sir together all Bourbon BBQ Mayonnaise ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate until needed.
- In a medium bowl combine ground chuck, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, bourbon, egg and bread crumbs. Mix. Shape into 4 patties. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 20 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Add burgers and cook for 5 minutes. Flip over and cook another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Brush the top of each burger with 1 teaspoon bbq sauce and cover with a slice of cheese. Continue grilling until cheese is melted.
- Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato, Bourbon BBQ Mayonnaise and onion rings.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.