This homemade Blue Cheese Vinaigrette is full of the salty, tangy flavor of blue cheese. It is one of my very favorite salad dressings and it tastes good on just about any salad. Especially a salad with bacon and fresh tomatoes.
I even like it drizzled on a baked potato.
It has plenty of blue cheese flavor without all the heaviness of a creamy dressing.
Blue Cheese Vinaigrette is flavored with garlic, a little hot sauce, and some sugar to balance the saltiness of the blue cheese and the acidity of the vinegar.
The garlic is sauteed briefly which helps mellow and sweeten it some.
All of the ingredients are placed in a blender, including the blue cheese crumbles. I don’t blend it for long because I like to have some small chunks of blue cheese in it. But blending the vinaigrette really helps thicken it up some.
Blue Cheese Vinaigrette tastes so good on a green salad. It’s sure to become a favorite!
Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
- 7 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and saute 1 minute until golden.
- Transfer to a blender and add remaining ingredients. Blend until combined. I like to have some small chunks of blue cheese in the dressing so I do not blend for long.
Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit