Blackberry Margaritas are perfectly sweet and sour with a gorgeous color. I don’t think I’ve ever tasted a more delicious margarita.
The sweet and tart flavor of fresh blackberries is the perfect flavor enhancement for a margarita. The wonderful purply color is an added bonus.
We get really enormous, plump, juicy blackberries around these parts in mid-summer. While they’re not my favorite berry, I greatly prefer blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries, I do like to experiment with them in recipes.
Of course anything is going to taste good when mixed with tequila. At least in my opinion. But these margaritas are fantastic. And you have to love the beautiful, jewel-toned color. They turned out on the sweet side, but if you want to make them less sweet you can always add more lime juice or more tequila. I vote for more tequila!
Blackberry Margaritas Recipe Tips:
You’ll need a blender for this recipe and a fine-meshed sieve. Process the mixture in the blender until it is as smooth as you can get it and then pour the mixture through a fine-meshed sieve into a pitcher or bowl. Press on any solids with the back of a spoon to get every bit of liquid through. You don’t want to waste one drop of this delicious margarita mixture.
I prefer Grand Marnier but you can use Triple Sec instead which is less expensive. Cointreau can be used as well.
More Margarita Recipes
- Jalapeno Watermelon Margarita
- Pepper Jelly Margarita
- Coconut Margarita
- Pineapple-Cinnamon Margarita
- Fresh Strawberry Margaritas
- Peach Jalapeno Margarita
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup 100% agave white Tequila
- 1/3 cup Grand Marnier
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar and kosher salt on a small plate. Rub a wedge of lime around the rim of each glass and dip in the sugar/salt mixture.
- Combine water and 1/4 cup sugar in a glass bowl and microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir to dissolve sugar. Let cool.
- In a blender, combine syrup, lime juice, tequila, Grand Marnier, and blackberries. Process until smooth.
- Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a small pitcher.
- Serve over ice and garnish with lime wedges.
Originally published Feb 28, 2013
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.