Artichoke-Rice Salad is a chilled rice salad flavored with curry powder. With a mayonnaise base, it is a little creamy with chunks of marinated artichoke hearts and water chestnuts, plus sliced green onions and green olives.
You could serve it warm, but I think it tastes best served chilled.
Make it a few hours or even a day in advance and Artichoke-Rice Salad makes the perfect potluck or picnic addition.
You can even add diced chicken to it and make it a full meal.
Lots of times, an Artichoke-Rice Salad of this nature will start with a box of Rice-A-Roni. I typically just use white rice since I always have it on hand, but I cook the rice in chicken broth for a little extra flavor.
I didn’t add any, but toasted almonds would also be delicious in this salad and maybe even a little crumbled feta cheese. 🙂
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10.5-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and cut into quarters
- 1/3 cup sliced pimento-stuffed green olives
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add rice. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes. Cool.
- In a large bowl, stir together mayonnaise, curry powder, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix rice along with remaining ingredients into mayonnaise mixture.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 to 3 hours before serving.
More Summer Picnic Sides
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.