Artichoke-Rice Salad is a chilled rice salad flavored with curry powder. With a mayonnaise base, it is a little creamy with chunks of marinated artichoke hearts and water chestnuts, plus sliced green onions and green olives.
You could serve it warm, but I think it tastes best served chilled.
Make it a few hours or even a day in advance and Artichoke-Rice Salad makes the perfect potluck or picnic addition.
You can even add diced chicken to it and make it a full meal.
Lots of times, an Artichoke-Rice Salad of this nature will start with a box of Rice-A-Roni. I typically just use white rice since I always have it on hand, but I cook the rice in chicken broth for a little extra flavor.
I didn’t add any, but toasted almonds would also be delicious in this salad and maybe even a little crumbled feta cheese. 🙂
Never miss a recipe. Follow Spicy Southern Kitchen on Pinterest and Facebook.
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10.5-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and cut into quarters
- 1/3 cup sliced pimento-stuffed green olives
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add rice. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes. Cool.
- In a large bowl, stir together mayonnaise, curry powder, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix rice along with remaining ingredients into mayonnaise mixture.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 to 3 hours before serving.
Want to Save This Recipe?
More Summer Picnic Sides
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
8 thoughts on “Artichoke-Rice Salad”
My mom used to make this. Love the mild curry and crunchy water chestnuts. It’s a great recipe for marinated artichoke hearts.
A favorite my mom made in the 70’s
Happy to find the recipe ❤️
It is very retro isn’t it? Enjoy!
I love rice based salads like this! And I definitely love that you used water chestnuts in here! They are a favorite of mine!
What a perfect summer salad! Love the idea of adding some feta!
This is such a creative salad, Christin! I would’ve never thought to make a salad with rice as the base. Love the zesty ingredients in here!
Yummy! Except the olives 🙂
Toasted almonds and feta would be great additions, but this salad looks delicious without them, too 🙂 love it!