Several months ago, I received a big bag of macadamia nuts from Oh! Nuts. I have used them in a variety of recipes including Coconut and Macadamia Crusted Chicken, Blueberry Muffins, as a salad topping, and in banana pancakes. In their online store, Oh! Nuts carries practically every imaginable nut and dried fruit, plus a selection of candies. All of their products are kosher and exceptionally fresh. You can really tell the difference between their nuts and those you buy off of the grocery store shelf. Plus I love that they come packaged in convenient zip top bags.
When coming up with recipes ideas for the macadamia nuts, I felt it obligatory to use a macadamia nut/ white chocolate combination in something. They are just such natural bed fellows.
Hence- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Muffins.
Macadamia nuts with their buttery, but mild flavor are in my opinion one of the best nuts to bake with. They add a nice crunch and texture contrast without overpowering any of the other flavors.
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup macadamia nuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° and line muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the 2 flours and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar while continuing to beat. Add eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- With mixer on low speed, add half-and-half and vanilla extract. Once added, increase speed to combine well.
- Add flour mixture and beat just until flour is incorporated. Stir in white chocolate and nuts. Evenly divide batter between 12 muffin cups and bake for approximately 25 minutes.
More Muffin Recipes
Disclaimer: I received a free bag of nuts from Oh! Nuts.